ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9's or components?

bmw
Iv recently bought a new headunit for my mark 1 phase 3 clio and i wanna get rid of teh standard rear speakers.
Would i be betta of with 6x9's or should i stick with 3.5inch speakers?
and if i went with the 3.5inch speakers whats the difference between components and coaxial?
Just to help i really don't want to buy a sub or a amp!
so which would be better without them?
and can anyone confirm that the standard speaker size for a mk 1 clio is 10cm!

cheers

neither. both will cause the sound staging to be forced to the rear, therefore affecting how the music sounds

a decent set of components up front, either powered from the head unit or a small amp

a sub is beneficial to the quality of the music, but can be left out without too many issues

the problem with putting full rane speakers in the rear is that the higher frequencies are direction (unlike lower ones) therefore cars with them fitted actually appear to have the sound coming from behind the head, where as, it should be aimed to approx 6" behind the drivers head coming from the front

not a specific rule, but one that will improve sound irrespective of most other aspects