ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Clio Williams 279 has just hit 70,000. Only another month or so before she comes off the road, for major heart surgery.

Not that it needs it, I just like playing

Paul

Clutch, PAS pump, major clean and degrease, poss new gearbox (cos theyre only 550 quid new) new suspension, new bushes etc etc...bonnet and front bumper in for re-spray as theyre getting chipped.....

Come spring next year, it will be a showroom Williams, nice and tight, just how I like it

Paul

Williams 2, STi N12

Good lad, someone after my own heart.

The dream is to get a big open garage and layout the car component by component like they do in some photo shots, then re-built it from scratch changing bits as you go!!!

OK so maybe its just me!!

Well lads, its nice to know there are some of my type on here.

I have the fortunate situation that my grandad owns several farms very close to where I live, and I am currently moving into a newly created workshop. It used to be a run down barn with an open front, but this week its being converted into a workshop, for yours truly. I have had another workshop on the farm for some time, but he wanted to move me as someone wanted the barn I had. So this time next week, I will have a nice workshop, complete with red floor (I have a thing for red floors in workshops ) This is where the clio will undergo her work. This is also where I want to build my trackday weapon, which is going to be a R21 turbo. Various other projects will go on here too.

For me, there is nothing better than retreating to a nice clean (well, an organised mess with me) workshop after a day at work....

I will do some photos when its up together.

Paul

If the 16v stays it will be in for major surgery next year and probably about the same mileage as yourself...

Plenty of your type here mate

Darren, I think you and I got ours at quite similar times...I got mine in Nov 2001 with 63,000 on the clock. Did a fair amount of mileage in it in the first 3 months, but then got the shogun, so havent done much really since Jan...prob about 3,000. Explains why Ive put 12,000 on the shogun since Jan!

Still, remember that a guy with a Williams 2 did 245,000 in his before it need a rebuild! Anybody know the URL for his site, as Ive lost it and Im sure it was someone on here that gave it me.

Paul