ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

70-300mm lens for Nikon

VW ....
As above ,quite a few choices ,but being new to DSLR just wondering on other thoughts on the following & what you would go for ?

Sigma f4-5.6 DG Macro Lens - £85

Sigma f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Lens - approx £140

Nikon AF Nikkor f/4-5.6 G Lens - approx £85

Anyone have any experience with any ?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have the Sigma 70-300mm APO DG macro lens
Which body have you got? (the camera lol)

I thought it was good on the D40, and I've just been out most of the day with it stuck to the D90 :)
Will post some pics onto Flickr later if you want to have a ganzy

VW ....
Do you need the 300mm end? If not have a look at the Nikon 55-200 VR.

Yea i had seen this ,lens will also be used for motorsport ,had seen some comparisions between 200 & 300mm & worries me incase not long enough .

I have the Sigma 70-300mm APO DG macro lens
Which body have you got? (the camera lol)

I thought it was good on the D40, and I've just been out most of the day with it stuck to the D90 :)
Will post some pics onto Flickr later if you want to have a ganzy

Yea ,post them ,will be used on a D3000 .

Pretty sure I have one of these you can buy off me for less than that price, will get it out when I've sorted acouple of bits to check.

New or used ?

DCi 100
Used dude, and it is the one I think.

4rm9V.png

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've got the Sigma 70-300mm APO DG macro lens too, for my D60, and am very happy with it.

It was great at F1 Silverstone this year and Festival of Speed. I'm sure I paid nearer £180 last May!