ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

715.5 Miles, 4 days, 3 Countries

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome stuff mate, I really fancy doing something similar with my OH, although like Matt she hates long car journeys. I'm sure I'll be firing you over a PM in the near future for advice (and pics of missus ;)).

Seriously dude, the way I planned it out meant that the drives were really quite short.

Sidcup > Dover 1hr
Dover > Calais 1.5 hrs (get breakfast, shop, goes in no time)
Calais > Lille 1.25 hrs (stayed in Lille)
Lille > Paris 2hrs (stayed in Paris)
Paris > Champagne 1.75hrs (stayed in Champagne)
Champagne > Brugge 2.75 hrs (stayed in Brugge, the only "long" journey)
Brugge > Calais 1hr

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You genuinely have no idea how happy I am the car made it all the way without glitch.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Danielson.. do you realise that car is like Trigger's broom .. it's been on my driveway in pieces every fappin' weekend since he bought it. There's nothing else to change..!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You genuinely have no idea how happy I am the car made it all the way without glitch.

Me too! Went really well, I was so confident I didn't even buy breakdown cover (but I had your no. on speed dial) ;)

I think the service did it good, just needs a ph2 tailgate and these silver f1's I'm getting. (you'll be getting an F1 hand delivered to paint I hope ;))

And Rob, my French car goes in reverse... cough cough...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahh.. touché, grasshopper. Hopefully I'll have the Frenchness extracted from my gearbox soon, along with all my worldly savings :dapprove: !

340i
Looks like a good trip mate.. me and the GF are planning a 4 day trip to France / Bruges in November time :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Danielson.. do you realise that car is like Trigger's broom .. it's been on my driveway in pieces every fappin' weekend since he bought it. There's nothing else to change..!

FLOL!! I love that. Infact I may call my mk1 Triggers Broom!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Seriously dude, the way I planned it out meant that the drives were really quite short.

Sidcup > Dover 1hr
Dover > Calais 1.5 hrs (get breakfast, shop, goes in no time)
Calais > Lille 1.25 hrs (stayed in Lille)
Lille > Paris 2hrs (stayed in Paris)
Paris > Champagne 1.75hrs (stayed in Champagne)
Champagne > Brugge 2.75 hrs (stayed in Brugge, the only "long" journey)
Brugge > Calais 1hr

Awesome mate, thanks for that! Now to convince her...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers mate, I imagine most people will just look through the pics, but it's worth writing as long as some read it.

(I always sit and read others at work) :star:

Clio RS
you parked at 't Zand in Brugge, right?

nice pics, nice story, nice roadtrip, nicer car but the missus is tha winner! :wink:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Look's like an awsome trip fella. Good to see you both enjoyed it!

Cheers mate, yeah it all went without a hitch. I was rather proud :D

Tonbridge to Austria in a day baby :cool:

Rally tyres and everything were required

Good effort tbh.

that looks amazing. want to do something like this one day, i like car journeys.

Ask Will.?

you parked at 't Zand in Brugge, right?

nice pics, nice story, nice roadtrip, nicer car but the missus is tha winner! :wink:

lol, cheers mate, erm I parked in the underground car park thing? We stayed in the NH Brugge, so it was nice and close.

Is that what it's called?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio RS
Yeah, it looks like you parked there, you had to go under a tunnel, and the entrance to the parking was also in that tunnel??? that's one way of getting in

Clio 172
Looks like a nice trip, I've always wanted to drive down to a place where we stayed in Italy, in a ferrari just for glass of wine! dreams are great.....

Clio 172 RS2
Aah who doesn't like roadtrips... clocking miles after miles in the Clio.

Suprised you didn't went to Reims enroute to Brugge.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, it looks like you parked there, you had to go under a tunnel, and the entrance to the parking was also in that tunnel??? that's one way of getting in

Yeah that's the one, very strange thing going in under the tunnel!!!

Looks like a nice trip, I've always wanted to drive down to a place where we stayed in Italy, in a ferrari just for glass of wine! dreams are great.....

A bit out of my paygrade, but outside the Moet houses there was some serious motors.

Aah who doesn't like roadtrips... clocking miles after miles in the Clio.

Suprised you didn't went to Reims enroute to Brugge.

I can't tell if the first bit is sarcastic?? I asked for advice on places to stop as TBH it was all on a bit of a whim!

Clio 172 RS2
Hey Rob,
First bit sarcastic? You just gotta' love roadtrips... nothing more nothing less. No pun intended.

Reims you know the 'repainted' pit area is still there of the old Grand Prix circuit.
img01.jpg

TBH if it was on a whim... and you didn't know of the place. Sorry you missed it.

Last minute planning makes the roadtrip even more exciting/fun.
Like i decided two days beforehand to go to Trier, Germany for the WRC and enroute home detour to the Nürburgring for a Touristefahrte lap.

435 Miles, 2 days, 2 Countries.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
First bit sarcastic? You just gotta' love roadtrips... nothing more nothing less. No pun intended.

Sorry mate, misunderstood you a bit.

Yeah another stop would have been nice and I did see a lot of signs for Reims, but just didn't really know what was there.

Last minute is win, no idea what the hotel etc will be like, just turn up and hope.

Brisol my lover..
i just came back from Paris last week, did you check out the L'Atelier on the Champs elysee (Renault delaership/Cafe)

Didn't see this before.

Awesome trip mate. Pics are lovely. How was the car journey?

Did 9hours from Calais there and back with my missus this summer, something around 1400 miles. Went quite well, i think her sleeping for 6 of them helped and then me playing loud loud music for 2 more did the job!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Was a bit confused when I saw this bumped, then realised I'd posted it in another thread!

I loved the car journey, some epic roads into Epernay, and generally the 172 was a great car for it I think :)

Although for the GF's sake, I made sure no car journeys were over 3 hours. lol!

ha you soft b*****d.

I did Chelmsford - Saillians. 550mi with only 1 toilet break&euro tunnel break. Was about 10h total. I didn't want to get out of my driving groove.