ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

!72 1/4 mile

Hi Nick,

When i was at Stratford i saw an old freind of mine who was running a 172. He ran consistant 15.8s-16.0 all day. It was pretty well run in and was completely standard.

Cheers

Dazz

clio cup brochure says 14.8 for standing quarter so 15 deads prolly about right for a std 172. it says 27.2 for 1000m but wed prolly have passed out from heat exhaustion by then having no air con or headlamp washers to cool us down!

I knew I read it somewhere, probably on my brochures not in a magazine, not a bad figure to start with is it really, especially when most of the figures I have seen for the standard 172 from Renault tend to get bettered in mag testing I can only imagine the Cup to do the same. It mixes quite well with some much better cars

Mk1 V6 Import

lol PUGBOY!! Well just have to open the competition lightweight windows for some cold air!! My first mods gonna be to fit 172 headlamp washers as I dont fancy the thought of them getting dirty.....

Mk1 V6 Import

No I think Im gonna fit mini cooper s lamps and a BMW 7 series interior - just for all those luxuries and comforts!!!!!!

172 & LCR

I ran 15.7 last time out at York Mk2 172 with 4k on clock Im at york this sunday will get back to you again hopefully with a better time.

BMW 320d Sport

Steve, if you can find Renault data anywhere that says their factory 1/4 mile time for a 16v Ill be well pleased mate. Ive been trying to wrangle this kind of thing out of them for years mate!

Clio 197

I am amazed by the fascination with 1/4mi, and 0-50 times here. Surely these cars are more suited to a road course.

How many of you get out on the track now and then as opposed to the drag strip.

I dont mean to disparage drag racers, but just wonder if you ever test anything other than the acceleration of your cars...

BMW 320d Sport

Good point Eddd, but a days 1/4 miling costs £20. A track day is a lot more.

Also the only true figure that will shut people up in a my cars faster than yours is a 1/4 mile timing slip. Rolling roads bhp figures, lap times etc mean nothing compared to a slip!

Hi Nick dood..

I must agree with you here.. not that its a rarity lol ...

Its a great test, if not the best, of straight line acceleration - which is what a lot of new petrol heads are unaware of... ....

You just cannot beat the timing slip.. !

soon we will have a back to back with the turbo jobby n the Nos... will be entertaining m8 ! ( I is only aiming for 285 bhp @ 6700 and 260 foot / Lbs at 2000 rpm....

Joe.

S2000

OK, ran 15.2 with a passenger, with only 1200 mile son the clock, hoping next time, with a good start, to dip into the 14s!

williams and trophy

nick mate iv run against 5 of them all pulling around the 15.1-5 mark the only exception is the mk2 one with the viper n chip n zorst wich runs a tad quicker than my williams (which is standard) and that runs 14.8-9s fairly consistantly ..........
as for the valver id say about 16.3-5 is about an average time for a standard one
and the willy shud run about 15.3 as standard
hope this helps
jon

S2000

Well I was at Crail today and was running constant < 15.1s, the best run of the day was 15.08, this was despite the fact I missed 4th and coasted over the line! So I know for a fact now a bog standard MK2 is capable of a 1/4 mile in the high 14s!