ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

800 watt fli amp repair.

Mk3 1.4 clio
Hi all, quick question I have a 800watt fli amp that I brought brand new a year or two ago and hasn't had much use. I think it's blown because it doesn't power up and I think a red light is on, is it worth getting it looked at or just bin it and buy a new one??
I haven't got a clue about amps so any info would be great. Cheers

Clio 1.8rsi 8v
Hi all, quick question I have a 800watt fli amp that I brought brand new a year or two ago and hasn't had much use. I think it's blown because it doesn't power up and I think a red light is on, is it worth getting it looked at or just bin it and buy a new one??
I haven't got a clue about amps so any info would be great. Cheers

I would change it it have you also checked the fuse on side of amp and also the earth as well

Mk3 1.4 clio
u4uqe9yp.jpg
y3u4a8ys.jpg

Polo + Micra
what does it smell like? (serious question)

the cap on the left above the inductor has something on it (residue?)

Mk3 1.4 clio
what does it smell like? (serious question)

the cap on the left above the inductor has something on it (residue?)

I gave it a good sniff and it don't smell oh anything really. It does look like it has a small hole in the top.
banabuhy.jpg

Polo + Micra
that does look like electrolyte tbh

so i'd say that is your offending article get the numbers off the side (something like 35v 3300uF) and get a replacement and replace it

you'd know if it was smelling lol

Mk3 1.4 clio
that does look like electrolyte tbh

so i'd say that is your offending article get the numbers off the side (something like 35v 3300uF) and get a replacement and replace it

you'd know if it was smelling lol

Cheers mate I will get product number down and get me some order. :)

Polo + Micra
you don't need a product number just one that matches the spec of the original (i.e 35v 3300uf) and if you get an option go for 105degreeC ones with high ripple current