ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

8500 kelvin bulbs!

OK so there's loads of aftermarket bulbs out there and some are pony. I've seen some 8500k H7's and HB3's. What do people think, are the Vision Plus and Osram ones the way to go or should I stump up a little less for these ultra high temp baby's (they are 30 quid for the 2 pairs, H7's and HB3's).

Anyone had experience with these?

McBunny said:
why the hell would you want high temp bulbs

That's what I'm asking McBunny!

I'm told that thy are brighter, whiter and longer lasting than the cheapo ones. Do you know different?

8500k is blue thats why you wouldnt want them 6k ish is what you want
blackbodyglow.png

fastest passat in't world
Halogen is a naturally yellow light, these bulbs simply use a blue coating, if you mix yellow and blue you get green!

Sounds daft but its true, the blue coating blocks out a lot of the yellow light and what it does let through it turns more green than blue. They are not worth a penny, you would get more light output by sticking candles in your headlights. The only time 6000K + bulbs actually work is if they are a genuine xenon conversion. I know all about this as i sell xenons and tried selling the high colour temp bulbs too but they were all cack.

Best bulbs to buy are osram silverstars, best lighting upgrade is a 6000K xenon conversion.

Hope that helps.

"hope that helps" you say!

It's incredidly helpful, Osram Silverstars it is, thanks a million, you're a superstar!

By the way, what makes the Osram Silverstar such a good bulb and how much better than standard halogens will they be?

erm what makes teh better mainly the gas thats used i think and the construction i have had silver stars in 2 cars now and they are much whiter and brighter than standard

the daddys tho are the rallye bulbs especially teh 100w ones :D

ph1 172
Apparently our eyes can see better in the dark with yellow light. doesnt look as cool though