ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

8th South Central / East: Surrey Rolling Road : £30! : Saturday 9th February 9am

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds like I missed a good day, shame I couldn't make it but I had a few cars to map and that was the only day last week I could do it.
Did still get my Clio onto a set of dyno dynamics the same day though so here is my graph for comparison:

IMAG0469_zpsa560ff7d.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Interesting comparison.
Must say im a little skeptical its really gained quite that much, readings taken a year apart arent ideal way to compare, although at least conditions were very similar etc.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well, plenty of others ran comparisons with last year, same car, same rollers, and saw the same figures.

Reality with mine is it was owned by OAPs for its first 2.5 years and 18k miles so it never really got run in until I got hold of it.

And it genuinely does feel much keener...Charlie commented on it compared to last year when it felt 'really really tight'.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well, plenty of others ran comparisons with last year, same car, same rollers, and saw the same figures.

Reality with mine is it was owned by OAPs for its first 2.5 years and 18k miles so it never really got run in until I got hold of it.

And it genuinely does feel much keener...Charlie commented on it compared to last year when it felt 'really really tight'.

If it was all coked up before then that might explain it.

"tight" is a strange expression to use though TBH, what exactly did he think was tight? As things like bearing clearances shouldnt be too tight even when knew, when I build an engine it makes the numbers correctly within a few hundred miles.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Mine lost 7bhp this time round, only change I'd made between runs was to take Decat off and fit my 200 cell sport cat.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mine lost 7bhp this time round, only change I'd made between runs was to take Decat off and fit my 200 cell sport cat.

These cars do seem quite susceptible to exhaust flow changes, we've noticed you can feel the difference in lesley's car versus dan at high rpm, and the only spec difference is the cat on hers and decat on his.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I plan to whip it back off when the weather allows, still made 185 odd bhp so not unhappy.

Due a good service soon as well.

LY R26 #288
Last year at a different RR...
8464807337_baafbb2827_z.jpg
IMG_0411 by JoeRS182, on Flickr
Mods...
98 ron map
Yozza
Decat
Standard airbox/filter
70k miles

This year at Surrey....
8464806309_333fb8abdd_z.jpg
IMG_0412 by JoeRS182, on Flickr
Mods...
98 ron map
Yozza with cat in place
Ktec induction kit
96k miles

Really pleased with the result :). Seems to be a slight drop in torque though, would the cat affect that?.