ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

90 - 96 clio Front Door...

Has anyone got (or can anyone get me) some photos of a Door Card from a Clio RL and RT (1990 - 96)

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

There might be some pics in the gallery on the homepage, otherwise Ill take some tomorrow when I get home when hopefully it will still be daylight and not raining. BTW mines a K reg RT.

Rick

RL is the same but with no speaker and a window winder.

Speaker is just in the dash..

Daz.

Cheers lads :)

Im thinking of buying an Oldish clio for my first car. Ive had some good quotes for both the RL 1.2 and the RT1.4 and also the "Fidji" 1.4

Im after buyin a few bits of Car audio for it now tho and was wondering what provisions were like and weather or not it would be easy enough to make a door pod to fit a 13cm Mid with a hefty magnet.

I now know that if i get the RT i will need to make a thick "Trim ring" to raise the speaker out a bit, and if i get the RL i will need to think about making a proper door build effort.

Could anyone give me a few pointers as to buyin an older model clio ???

I.E. What milage to look for, What to avoid, what particular bits to look for what models to avoid etc. If anyone can id be very very gratefull :) thanks

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Theres quite a bit of room in the doors of the RT, Ive got some new front speakers in mine and they fitted pretty easily. Are you planning on fitting a big install? Cos if you are, be prepared for everything to rattle like hell as soon as you turn it up!

Generally, RTs stand up pretty well, I dont think theres anything specific to look for. Make sure that all the electrics work, especially the Heater fan (test it at all three different speeds).

I test drove a 1.2RL (4 speed!) before buying my RT and it was nowhere near as good to drive, so if you can afford the extra insurance, my advice would be to get an 1.4.

Rick

their is only a £200 difference in insurance so i think ill go for the RT.

I will be doing a Sound Quality install rather than an SPL Install.
And the whole of the panel work will be dynamatted. :eek:) so it should be a lot more stable to build on.

Newer RLs have 5 gears.. my 1997 does! (And I dont think thats just because I have a Special Edition)

Daz.

I didnt know any of the RLs had only 4 gears :| thats scary. I couldnt do with 4 gears...

My mate is selling his 1992 (J) 1.4 Clio Fidgi In Blue. Its got 15" Fox 1 alloys on, in pretty good condition, and i know hes not one of these drivers who thrashes it everywhere he goes, its been well looked after, Had either a 16v or an RT interior put in it, all vin numbers match up and hes willing to keep old of it for a while until i turn 18. He says about £1200 with 1 years MOT. Its got a full Service history and is Relatively low mileage

Looks a bit like this (not a 5 door and not De handled front or rear and it doesnt have that exhaust lol u get the idea tho)

http://www.corsacrazy.com/forums/images/disserste.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this is a good buy or it is expensive?

On AutoTrader, Fidgis range from £825 to £1695.

Helps you to see what they are going for...

Daz.

Yeah :) His is a 1.4 fidgi. the cheeper ones tend to be the "WHITE 1.2s" the dearer ones tend to be either Blue 1.2s or Blue 1.4s

I like the car quite a lot. its real comfy to sit in and has no rattles or cries comin from the engine or gear box

My mum used to have a 1997 1.2 RL think it was an Oasis.

Since then shes had a 1999 1.2 8v, 2001 1.2 16v and is soon gettin a 2003 1.2 16v. She wants me to have a clio cos she says "clios are better than them sh**y Saxos and Corsas" lol