ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

90 in 3rd?1.4 rt...

clio 16v,saph cossie,rs's
... i know valvers can do t but was wondering if 1.4 rt's can as my mate says he was in one doing 90,valvers hit the limiter in 3rd at 90,so i should think a 1.4 should only go 6-70?cheeRS

BMW M3
Have a look in the hand book for the gear ratios for 3rd and can then work it out. Or just post them on here and we will. Sounds suspect to me.

Edit: Oh, you have a valver.. sorry. Ignore me then lol

he said his mate was doing 90 in 3rd,in this
URL]

Looks like a 1.2?

Anywhoo, not a chance, you'd need to be in 4th gear @ 90mph.
As for the 1.1i saxo keeping up, maybe hold a 1.4RT upto 40mph but after that the Clio should pull away.

And finally, 120? :rofl: I think those wheels have f*cked their speedo's.

6/468 17poo
hahaha surely thats a load of balls, i had someone say to me (they had a rt) mines 120bhp?i was like reallly, and walked off!tosser

surely the one in the pic is an rn/prima something like that?

some people eh?

6/468 17poo
hahaha surely thats a load of balls, i had someone say to me (they had a rt) mines 120bhp?i was like reallly, and walked off!tosser

surely the one in the pic is an rn/prima something like that?

some people eh?

ive had loads of spotty little chavs and chavettes come up to me and say,is that a ford turbo?id reply,yes its a cossie mate',my uncle had one till it blw up at 700bhp.'yer ok mate'what power this got?'bout 400',mannnnnn thats ded slowwww

well really,if you think about it,my car can go 175:lolup: ,now wheres your bike?:D

ive had loads of spotty little chavs and chavettes come up to me and say,is that a ford turbo?id reply,yes its a cossie mate',my uncle had one till it blw up at 700bhp.'yer ok mate'what power this got?'bout 400',mannnnnn thats ded slowwww

well really,if you think about it,my car can go 175,now wheres your bike?

I've seen an indicated 85mph in 3rd, on 17's. :dapprove: couldnt care less though tbh! want a bigger engine

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
unless he's running the box from the 1.9 diesel clio, it's impossible.

it's impossible to fit the diesel box to that car anyway iirc

so he's been having a schmoke and a pancake too often imo...

None
Limiter for 3rd gear is about 72mph. Ive got 80mph in 3rd before hitting the imiter but I was going down a hill in a 1.2

RenaultSport 172.
yes its possible...
i can do 90mph in 3rd in my mk1 1.2.....its only got 4 gears so you can really strecth them, but if i can do it in a 1.2...you can do it in a 1.4....:approve:

yes its possible...
i can do 90mph in 3rd in my mk1 1.2.....its only got 4 gears so you can really strecth them, but if i can do it in a 1.2...you can do it in a 1.4....:approve:

With 5 gears and a 1.4 my engine wants to pop @ 90 in 4th, if I dropped to 3rd the engine would eat itself!

mk1 ph2 1.4
Can only get to 50 odd in second so 90 seems a little too steep. After red lining twice in one pull away im always reluctant to give it any more abuse in third lol.
And they limit at 6.5k not 6.

And whos cars are those? Jesus - colour code and slam on standard alloys, dont just go to Halfords and waste £500 on the latest 'chrome'.

BMW M135i
As its an early Mk1 Ph1 it'll in all probability be using a carbed 1.4 energy engine which means no limiter, they'll just rev themselves to destruction. I bet it'll quite happily hit 90 in 3rd, wouldn't want to do it too often though as things will tend to go bang in spectacular fashion.