ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

90 in a 70!!!!!!

I think I got done this morning doing 90 in a 70.

I was going to work and as I came around the bend on the A127 and under the M25 I saw a blue police galaxy ontop of the bridge. The passenger window was down and all I saw was the polic officer sitting in the passenger seat looking up the road. I would guess that the driver may have had a laser gun??!! Couldnt see though!! I backed down to 70 as soon as I saw them but I know guns can see miles ahead.

Anyone else got done doing 90 in a 70 and what did you get? Anyone know how they proceed to get you if it is a laser gun not a camera?

Cheers

Essex_182

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Hi mate,

I got done at 91 in a 70 on the A127 by a mobile Gatso at 2:30am!!! 3pts £60.

Bit notorious round there mate.

Problem is I got six points in my first 2 years of driving. When I got my licence back it had the six points endorsed on it. They dont come off untill March!!

If I get six points for it (If they did catch me which I guess they did) and I get six points I will have a new clio 182 and no licence!!! - Slightly Worried.

Anyone else bben done?

Essex_182

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

speedo inaccuracy will be about 10mph at that point, literally, so youll prob get 3 points if it was a laser. i doubt you could see, but they have to be marked that they got a speed gun.also they need to be on a official point. they cant just use a gun anywher.

10mph innacuracy @ 90mph.....LOL

Maybe when your doing 150-160mph.

Your going 90mph on your speedo, guesses are youve been caught at 86-87mph.

3pts £60 fine for definite. I got the same when i was caught doing 97mph.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

What Mitchy said... At 90mph on the speedo an official GPS indicated speed will be 86-87mph.

3pts £60 as I said early. VERY VERY VERY unlikely to see 6 pts for this kind of offence. In fact, ill buy you a drink if you get banned for it, thats how sure I am youll just get 3pts!

Well I hope you are all right! If I am lucky I wont get done at all! (doubtfull)

When they use a laser do they still take a pic???? or do they have to pull you over to do you?

How long do my points I already have stay on for? I was convicted 04/2002 6 points?

Essex_182

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

I also got £60 and 3 points for what the police officer said was an average speed of 90 over the distance of a mile while on the M1 last year.

i should imagine if its a lazer they have to pull you there and then dont they? their proof is the actual reading on the back of the gun (ive just clocked you at 90Mph if you would care to look Sir..grin grin)

I got caught doing 63 in a 30 by an unmarked car with a lazer,didnt even see him, long straight road used to be a 60Mph,me>>>

middle of summer windows down music pumpin,i passed an uno at the above said speed and about half a mile down the road (now driving within the speedlimit) saw a mondeo blue lights flashin behind the grill, sirens blaring.so i pulled over to let him pass but unfortunately he pulled in behind me :(... He was well Pissed at me! couldnt wait to show me the Gun ! outcome:-Morning sat in court full of Chav Scum 6points and a £270 fine!

valid for 3.. written for 4. as the max you can have is 12 in 3 years :p

got done doing 93 in a 30 on m4.. 3 points + fine

Quote: Originally posted by Doc on 23 October 2004

valid for 3.. written for 4. as the max you can have is 12 in 3 years :p

got done doing 93 in a 30 on m4.. 3 points + fine

93 in a 30:eek:

You shouldve went to jail;)

So if it was a cop car and they had a laser gun , then they should have come after me if they wanted to do me? - They cant do me without a photo or hard evidence???????

I wonder if they were waiting for someone doing 100+?

Essex_182

i got caught doing 97 in a 50 took me to court 5 points £250 fine and solicitor fees of £200 valid for 3 stay on licence for 4 years lucky me thinks

valid for three on there for four insurance for five dont forget got caught on A303 doin 68 in 40 which is usualy a 70 but 40 due to road works 6 points and 200 quid fine had a clean licence for four years since the last six gutted

forgot to say dident even know until three months later the sumonds came in the post with a pic of me in the girlfriends 1l yaris lucky i was not drivin the the willy

Unlucky,only time i got pulled was 91 in a 70, but he couldnt be bothered with the paperwork and as the road was empty i got away with just a talking to,made me think though.

BMX

Got done a few years ago for doing 98 on the M25 - just after the speed cameras were introduced. 3 points and £40 fine.

car? need a license 1st!

the most ive been done for is having an indicator bulb out, and he gave me a producer :)

i dont speed, well i do, but i dont get caught ;)

Willy.... Im sure you cld have got away with that one....!!!!!! They have to notify you of intention to prosecute within 28 days..The Police had a panic on trying to get my court summons to me....called 5 times in one day ,because it had to be handed to me in person i was out on each occasion,in the end i went to the cop shop and asked them politely to stop sending officers around to the house as all the nieghbours curtains were twitching..they radioed the officer who was carrying the summons,he arrived at the station after about 10 minz and handed me the summons...Pity they seem to have put so much effort into something as trivial as a sumons for a speeding offence.......

BMW 320d Sport

Just got a summons for 101.8 on a dual carriageway. Pleading not guilty. I wouldnt worry about 90 in a 70, thats just under 90 anyway and its a 3 pointer. And even then I doubt you will even get done unless you actually want the points that it...how exactly are they gonna prove that it was your car and you driving if it was one policeman with a laser gun and they didnt pull you over at the time. If you werent stopped, they have 14 days to give you the NIP, after that their times up. The six month rule only applies to ones like mine, where you were actually pulled over at the time.

Nick, how can you plead not guilty? Do they not have evidence? Well they must do to prosecute? On what basis are you pleading not guilty? If you were doing the speed then just have the balls to admit it and apologise.

Theyll probably give you a harsher sentence also.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

just like you essexlad i got 6 in the first to years, the second lot of three wasent really even my fault,now i am the annoying 20 year old lad that drives on the speed limit everywhere, and i mean on the limit everywhere,

my friend who has his driving licence for the police but is only a special at the moment was caught doing 100 in a 60 (he told me he was slowing from 130. he went to court and should have been banned but his solicitor said he needed his licence for is police job - he only got 6 points and £300 fined, c*?t.

Silver Fabia vRS

Essex_182 - They would have had to have pulled you over at the time becuase it was a laser gun which has no photographic evidence. If they didnt then I would think it highly unlikely you have been done. If they do say you were caught speeding then ask for photographic evidence.

If it had been a van with a camera then I would say youve been done but I think you are safe.

These forums are full of people who regret the fact that they have been caught speeding when it is too late and asking how they can get away with it.

Essex, try to learn from this that if you speed you will get caught and when you get caught enough times you WILL loose your license.

If you keep to the limits, you will keep your license. (But then you wont have so much fun! ;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 24 October 2004

Just got a summons for 101.8 on a dual carriageway. Pleading not guilty. I wouldnt worry about 90 in a 70, thats just under 90 anyway and its a 3 pointer. And even then I doubt you will even get done unless you actually want the points that it...how exactly are they gonna prove that it was your car and you driving if it was one policeman with a laser gun and they didnt pull you over at the time. If you werent stopped, they have 14 days to give you the NIP, after that their times up. The six month rule only applies to ones like mine, where you were actually pulled over at the time.

Hope you get away with it Nick! If not, at least the kids at your school will think that you are a cool teacher for being caught speeding!! Most teachers I know seem to drive Nissan Micras and Honda Civics and would never break speed limits! ;)

Cheers guys, I am jhust keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Thanks for the support.

Will let you know what happens!

P.S Get my 182 on 5th November.

Essex_182

A well built VW

94 in a 70 a few months ago and i got £60 fine and 3 points and breathed a huge sigh of relief youll soon know as you should have details in the post within a week

Ford Fiesta

went past a van with a laser gun and camera all automated with one officer sat there.

got done for 93mph on a 70mph dual carriageway. 3 points £60 fine.

got a snooper s5 couple of week later not been done since, that was august 2002.

Quote: Originally posted by jamieswales on 24 October 2004

i went passed a man in the back of a van yest was going bout 56 in a 40. will i get done for that ?
Hope so. Just imagine if there was a kiddie running astray from its mum - nearly 20mph over the limit you should be grateful if all you get is a fine/points - you have to remember that if you were to hit a child then youd have a lot more to live with than just tainted licences or a thinner wallet.

E36 323i coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 23 October 2004

Your points are valid for 4 years

No theyre not. They are valid for 3. They stay on your licence for 4 as a reminder if you like. You do not have to declare them after 3 years. They count for nothing.

I know this because I know the traffic law, but also my friend had 3 points and then clocked up another 9 within a fortnight 3 years and a day later. If they were valid for 4 years, he would have been banned.

And to the guy that posted the message... I got let off doing 95 on the M62 about 6 months ago. Hope you are as lucky!!!

E36 323i coupe

I notice people are saying invest in a Road Angel - or equivalent...

DONT.

I think they are great. But they cost £500 for a decent one, and there is a plan in the system to outlaw them. I can tell you for fact, they are going to be banned... completely.

I agree this is utter bollox... but hold onto your £500 guys!!!

E36 323i coupe

Quote: Originally posted by FN04 XZE on 25 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by jamieswales on 24 October 2004

i went passed a man in the back of a van yest was going bout 56 in a 40. will i get done for that ?
Hope so. Just imagine if there was a kiddie running astray from its mum - nearly 20mph over the limit you should be grateful if all you get is a fine/points - you have to remember that if you were to hit a child then youd have a lot more to live with than just tainted licences or a thinner wallet.

Give over. Use your brain and think a little.

If you hit a kiddie at 30mph in a 30... youll probably kill them.

Plus its about time parents took some responsibility for their kiddies. It disgusts me everyday when I see under 16s around till all hours on their own, and the way mothers put the push-chair into the road first when crossing, and abandon the older, walking, talking children.

I agree however, that 60 in a 40 is (9 times out of 10) too fast. However, anyone that knows the A1033 Hedon Road in Hull, will know a typical exception - a road that could quite easily be a 70 but is kept a 40. Why?