ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

98 ron sticker behind petrol flap

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It does make a difference. When we were at Donny with the G50 it had a drop of VPower in it which we ran through from a test session. I can catagorically tell you it runs better on 102 supplied by Suneco as the control fuel.

S4 Avant
I'm not denying that it doesn't make a difference, but only on an engine that produces enough compression to cause premature detonation on lower octane fuel. A 2 litre Clio is not that special.

PB Clio 172
I'm not denying that it doesn't make a difference, but only on an engine that produces enough compression to cause premature detonation on lower octane fuel. A 2 litre Clio is not that special.

Agree there. End of the day its just a clio and only a 2 litre. Its not mega power

Jap import? Now that's totally different

clio sold :(
Uno I ment Renault sport lol I want to see a proper clio do the fuel test.
Im Googling now

It funny how people think in their minds that there car is faster/better because they pay more for their fuel!

Next you will be telling CS that powerade makes u run faster!

Agree there. End of the day its just a clio and only a 2 litre. Its not mega power

Jap import? Now that's totally different

Bit of a moron really aren't you, contradicting yourself.

So it either does or doesn't help?

Regardless of "just" being a Clio, it still makes a difference small or not, as said I noticed a difference on idle so I benefit from it.

So, do you run 95 or 98/99 in the S4?

Petrol Blue 182.
I had a very mixed response with fuel in the 172. Never really felt the difference between V power and shells regular fuel. I did use regular fuel at Sainsburys once and the car ran like a dog!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
For normal day to day town driving it will make little difference what grade but get on a B road giving it some hard acceleration and the difference is definitely noticeable. I regularly go up to Northumberland over the Hartside Pass in the 172 and drive the car pretty hard over the A686. If I do the journey on 95 Ron supermarket fuel the car runs hotter and hasn't got the same edge to it as running on V Power or equivalent. Also I did a trackday a few years ago in a Citroen Xsara 1.6 and went there with a tankful of supermarket 95 Ron petrol. The car ran like a bag of s**t all morning. I went out at lunchtime and topped up with V power and the afternoon session was like driving a different car. More responsive and far better acceleration than the morning so it proved the point as far as I'm concerned.

Monaco blue 172
I've never ran anything but v power in my 172. To everyone saying they can't notice any difference etc etc... For the extra couple of quid it takes to fill the tank it's not going to do any wrong is it?
Better mor efficient engines won't kill cats as easy, foul plugs as easy etc etc... It's a no brainer for me recommend 98, put 98 in. Simples.

RB Clio 182
I have just got an alert saying this thread has been moved for being posted in the wrong section, you are 2 years 3 months late guys lol.