ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A 137bhp rs clio?



  172 Cup
Went to test drive the 197 yesterday and the salesman told me that they were bringing out an rs clio with less power for a lower insurance group and cheaper road tax. It didn't really click until I was lying in bed last night and thought nar, that can't be right. Is this true or was the guy pulling my leg?
 

ian Bojo 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Cant see them doing that just for insurance purposes.They may bring out a limited edition and kit it up like an RS but i dont see the point really

ian
 
Might be a high-spec 1.6 with a bodykit..

Might be lying though, I was told once they were putting the 182 engine in the modus...





Still waiting.... ;)
 
  Clio 172mk2
they might do some thing with similar looks to the 197, but i carnt see it having all the stuff the 197 has.
 
  172 Cup
I'm almost sure he said a 2 ltr engine with around 130bhp but if they did that i'm sure a simple ecu remap would bump the power up to 190bhp. He was probably takin the mick. He thought the car we were in was black even when I said I like this colour blue and when we got out he said oh the car is blue...
 
Probably was talking rubbish - unless there's going to be a Renaultsport Clio diesel????? Would make sense in the bhp figures?
 
hoggaz said:
I'm almost sure he said a 2 ltr engine with around 130bhp but if they did that i'm sure a simple ecu remap would bump the power up to 190bhp. He was probably takin the mick...
Was he waving this in front of you?

resistor.jpg
;)
 

ado

  기아 &#4
There is a 2.0 Clio coming out in the near future. I think it is around 130-140bhp. Take a look in the Mk3 Clio handbook and in the weight section you can see the 3 2.0 Clio listed; CR0C, CR07 and CR0C Automatic.
 
  M135i
i can confirm there is a 2.0 140bhp (ish) warm hatch coming out in the near future. dad works for wests of bedford.
 
  Scirocco GT 210
Heard about this aggggeeessss ago. It was supposed to be a 140bhp GT version (or similar badging) in the mk3 clio, intended to be a cheaper version of the 197 to buy and own. Was supposed to come out before the 197 though.


Hmmm....
 
  S2000
Maybe they are going to be putting an F7P lump in there ;) 137 bhp after all, just not a 2.0, lol. THey have seen the light and realised how much better the Mk1's really are.
 
  172 Cup
Pretty sure the guy at renault said it was a petrol engine and it was mainly for cheaper insurance. Alltho you do get cheaper insurance with cars which run on diesel. A mate of mine pays £50 a year more on insurance for a passat 1.9 tdi 130 than his corsa 1.2 sxi and he's only 20.
 
hoggaz said:
Pretty sure the guy at renault said it was a petrol engine and it was mainly for cheaper insurance. Alltho you do get cheaper insurance with cars which run on diesel. A mate of mine pays £50 a year more on insurance for a passat 1.9 tdi 130 than his corsa 1.2 sxi and he's only 20.
I'm paying £20 more a year on my new grande punto than I would have on the petrol equivalent!
 
hoggaz said:
I'm almost sure he said a 2 ltr engine with around 130bhp but if they did that i'm sure a simple ecu remap would bump the power up to 190bhp. He was probably takin the mick. He thought the car we were in was black even when I said I like this colour blue and when we got out he said oh the car is blue...
Nope the'll use the different engine without the 197 head casting.
 

S77CCP

ClioSport Club Member
Seems totally pointless, if your going to make a slower hot Clio then pop a 1.6 in it, that way it's less tax and insurance, otherwise don't bother.
 
even if it was the same engine, surely it would need more than a remap? Would have imagined the cams would have to be different on a NA engine to be able to see such a drop in power.
 
Pacey_uk said:
Seems totally pointless, if your going to make a slower hot Clio then pop a 1.6 in it, that way it's less tax and insurance, otherwise don't bother.
Maybe, but maybe the 2.0 gives lower emisions than an equivalent 1.6 therefore lower tax, and insurance probably wouldnt be concerned by engine size, but engine performance
 
Pacey_uk said:
maybe, but why a 2.0 litre and not a 1.6 or 1.8, just seems a odd choice.
.
me said:
Maybe, but maybe the 2.0 gives lower emisions than an equivalent 1.6 therefore lower tax, and insurance probably wouldnt be concerned by engine size, but engine performance
 

S77CCP

ClioSport Club Member
Fairy snuff, either way it'll cost too much knowing renault current pricing policy.
 
Pacey_uk said:
maybe, but why a 2.0 litre and not a 1.6 or 1.8, just seems a odd choice.
2.0 140hp engine is easy to get since they already make one . The 1.8 isn't used any more so would cost more.
Also the 140hp 2.0 would give loads of power from low RPM which makes for a engine which for most people who never rev the engine make the car seem quicker.
 

S77CCP

ClioSport Club Member
True, retuned I guess to behave more like a repmobile engine, probably redline at about 6-6.5k rpm too.
 
  Looking for a ph-quick...
Sounds as though there doing something very similar to volkswagen, as they have just bought out the Golf GT 1.4 Supercharged and Turbo charged, 168bhp 50mpg bla bla bla, sounds like fun!
 
  BMW 328 Ci
Obviously trying to gun for the Fiesta ST / Polo GTI etc market, which probably has more potential for sales anyway. Especially if insurance prices go up by 40% like Norwich Union are.
 


Top