ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Bit Of Help With A mk2 172

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
A mate of mine has just bought a 172 and after a trip to the local jetwash cant get his xenons to work.

Any ideas...???

Da

Less
They don't work at all, in auto or manually?

I presume he's checked the fuses?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
He says the fuses are ok,do you think they may have blown.

Also how do you get from auto to manual.Is it turning them on and off twice.Its been a while since i owned my clio's...

cheers.

Monaco Blue 172
Are there any seperate fuses anywhere or just the ones in the main fuse box (inside the passenger side door) that control the xenon's ?

You've got water in the electrics and the car's fucked :)

Failing that, check to see if the bulbs have blown, it's not unheard of dor them to blow at the same time.

Da

Less
Yep the headlights are individually fused.
Failing that the relay could have worked loose, do you hear the click when you switch the lights on?

clio sport 172
i didnt think the bulbs blew, when i used to work at renault if the hid units got water in them they used to pack up

Da

Less
Stupid question alert - did you wash inside the engine bay?

There is no other way that the headlights/lamps could come into contact with water.

Monaco Blue 172
Thank you i will take the bulbs out tomorrow i have never had xenons before are they as obvious as normal bulbs if they are blown and do they sell them in halford's ect ?

Thanks

Da

Less
No, you can get aftermarket ones but from experience they're still about £40 each.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I thought someone would have made replacement ones by now...? ^^ sorry beat me to it

Monaco Blue 172
Just been out and taken the bulb out of the passanger side and i cant tell if they have blown is there any way of telling ?

Da

Less
No, it's a discharge lamp and will either work or not.

The only way to test it is to put it in a known working headlight.

Monaco Blue 172
would someone mind checking this item on ebay for me are these the right covers for the back of the head lights 260531751990
Thanks in advance

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The last post above yours is what you need mate.Where da posted THESE is a clicky tab.click on it to reveal the ebay item

Monaco Blue 172
Hi just letting the people who helped me last night they must of been wet as they were both working this morning when i try'd them

still going to order some spare bulbs tho !!!

Thanks again all,
Andy