ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit of Motocross action...

Took a break from Combe today to visit the local round of the ACU British MMX Championship just down the road near Frome.

I'm still picking dust out of my teeth, nose, mouth and hair now, but it was worthwhile, cracking day, a few pics...

545622595_fFRti-L.jpg

545625458_sdADU-L.jpg

545611185_xYG62-L.jpg

545658897_eC4F8-L.jpg

545665735_uVsJe-L.jpg

545639685_bUWCA-L.jpg

545632881_N9tvf-L.jpg

545635064_t4LCn-L.jpg

545685421_ehfmv-L.jpg

545693119_69AR2-L.jpg

545661378_fBSA3-L.jpg

545698911_ca7J3-L.jpg

More here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/8326459_bhNtQ/1/545622595_fFRti

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Cracking Pics but must be very difficult to take good shots of??

Cracking Pics but must be very difficult to take good shots of??

Incredibly hard, they're moving all over the place, epic amounts of dust everywhere, one moment they are flying at 60mph, another they are doing about 7mph around a corner.

It didn't help that I've only got a stupidly long lens (120-300) as something in the range of 50-150 would have been better for 90% of the shots I wanted to get.

Oil Burner
last ones a stunner mate, motorcross is on my list of things to do at the moment. Looks like it gives you plenty of room to experiment.

Once again a superb set. The amount of events you make it to makes me jealous.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Think I've seen the official togs' shots on TP? I like these more though, so sharp and better composed.

last ones a stunner mate, motorcross is on my list of things to do at the moment. Looks like it gives you plenty of room to experiment.

Once again a superb set. The amount of events you make it to makes me jealous.

1/30 was my weapon of choice, got a few keepers (two of them above are 1/30 iirc) out of those experiments, so that was cool.

As you say though, loads of room to play around. Fast shutter speeds are just as effective (if not more so) as they are clearly moving at pace due to the angles and mud spray, unlike a car would appear with a really fast shutter speed. Just be careful with your equipment if you do go, I spent 30 minutes cleaning my camera and lens when I got home, it was actually brown even though I have a good storm cover for it all!

I do seem to do well with events, although I never made it to Prescott this weekend so I don't have it all my own way! Hard trying to find a balance with the other half, she's got a very busy career though so thankfully it usually works out quite nicely, and I make sure it's only April-September pretty much, I don't bother with Rallys etc so at least half of the year is completely free.

tiTTy & SV650
you photographers should head to Fort William for the Mountain Bike World Cup on the practice days before its too crowded and snap the Worlds best Downhillers practicing on the course, I was amazed at the pics I was getting with a lowly camera phone so imagine you could get some amazing shots.

It's in 3 weeks time I think

you've been down leighton again.......

doh...missed it.

Yup, spotted it last minute so headed down at lunchtime. Not been since I met up with you a couple of years ago there, forgot how much fun it is.

Unfortunately it was a different 'car park' this year (left instead of right off the lane), I bottomed out severely in my Korean pimp wagon. So glad I didn't still have the Cup, would have been bye bye carbon splitter.

Track valver + Ibiza FR
As rory said, you should try and get to the downhill world cup, i got some good snaps on my camera phone when I went a few years back so god knows how good the pics would be you get. Ideally you'd need a shorter lense though.

This year the world cup is 6-7 June with practise on the 5th if your interested.