ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Clio GT query

Clio GT, Saxo,Vectra
I've looked in the handbook, but found ziltch, when I press the loud pedal it goes almost to the floor, as on a normal car, then it hits a restriction and then goes a few more inches, just like a "kickdown" switch on an automatic, the car has done only 650 miles and I never noticed this before this week.
Anything to worry about?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It a switch to over ride the speed limiter. All the cars have them weather the car has a speed limiter fitted or not. (It was an option that came as part of cruise control, not sure it the GT has it as standard though, sorry)

Like a kind of kickdown.

Clio GT, Saxo,Vectra
It a switch to over ride the speed limiter. All the cars have them weather the car has a speed limiter fitted or not. (It was an option that came as part of cruise control, not sure it the GT has it as standard though, sorry)

Like a kind of kickdown.

Thanks Daniel, the car has got cruise control & a driver set over speed warning, so thats set my mind at rest, Thanks

GTD, Lupo
I was told they all have the same pedals. Don't know for sure but I have taken it to Renault and they were very confused. It makes a really loud click like a micro switch has gone. Just on the last inch of the pedal travel.

Paul