ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A cold, wet, windy Autumn drive

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
A friend of mine is soon leaving for distant shores and decided he fancied a final drive out in his DC5 before he goes and the car is sold. Hence, Evandim (Black Civic Type-R), myself (Trophy), Moggsy (DC5 owner) and a few other friends all decided to brave the weather and head out for a drive.

Here are a few pics from the day:

20091101_sundayrun_1.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_2.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_7.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_8.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_9.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_10.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_12.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_14.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_21.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_26.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_28.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_29.jpg

Here are a few more solo shots of my Trophy:

20091101_sundayrun_18.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_19.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_23.jpg

20091101_sundayrun_24.jpg

You can see a few more pics here.

Cheers!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the comments.

Nice pics as always Andy. Has he found a buyer yet as Schweppy was showing some interest in one recently
There's a guy in Scotland who's interested but that is looking doubtful. I have to say that this is one of the finest DC5's around (not just saying that because he's a friend!) with some tasteful mod's and excellent performance. If my partner and I had more room on the drive and weren't off to Australia for a couple of months we'd probably buy it ourselves to be honest! :D

Monaco 172 (02)
Hi mate,
I saw you yesterday, you were heading down an A-road towards Builth I think about 3:00 / 3:30. Looked very nice!

I was on a bit of a run through little chappel / Hirwaun etc. roads were a bit rough though!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate,
I saw you yesterday, you were heading down an A-road towards Builth I think about 3:00 / 3:30. Looked very nice!

I was on a bit of a run through little chappel / Hirwaun etc. roads were a bit rough though!
Hi Seany - sorry we missed / didn't see you mate. :eek:

I hope you enjoyed your run and managed to avoid the worst of the weather and conditions. The roads certainly were a bit on the rough side and the mulched up leaves made for some interesting moments! :eek:

EDIT: I noticed there were a few road closures around Hirwaun and some of the mountain roads... any idea why mate?

Last edited:
  Monaco 172 (02)
It was a decent run,
Headed over the A4061 and there was a mud slide halfway down other than that was OK besides a few rather large branches blocking the roads here and there!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It was a decent run,
Headed over the A4061 and there was a mud slide halfway down other than that was OK besides a few rather large branches blocking the roads here and there!
Glad to hear it wasn't a waste of time... although any excuse to get our for a drive, eh? ;)

Is that a 5 door Focus?
Indeed mate - a Ford Focus Ghia 2.0!

To be honest the Focus and Saxo guys probably had a better time as they didn't seem to struggle as much with the slippery conditions. No advantage to be had anyways as the conditions were too poor for a spirited drive. Better safe than sorry! :D

LY182/NHB CTR
Bet the Focus and the Saxo had fun

We all had great fun despite the weather conditions and as you can see there is no car snobbery in our club, everyone is welcome.

As always the standard of driving was excellent and even tho there was weather warnings, flooding, debris in the road etc and we were out in it all day yet again there was no incidents small or otherwise.. again everyone who attended is a real credit to the club.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the continued comments all - appreciated. :D

Looked a great day out...
It wasn't bad at all D1CKY. You probably won't believe me when I tell you that the day started early (around 7:30am) and that we hit floods within half a mile of leaving... To give some idea of the problem, Evandim was worried about water getting into the GruppeM on her Type-R as the water started to creep half way up her bonnet! :eek: We quickly decided to turn around and try a different route! LOL! Shame I didn't catch it on camera.

Thanks for the continued comments all - appreciated. :D

It wasn't bad at all D1CKY. You probably won't believe me when I tell you that the day started early (around 7:30am) and that we hit floods within half a mile of leaving... To give some idea of the problem, Evandim was worried about water getting into the GruppeM on her Type-R as the water started to creep half way up her bonnet! :eek: We quickly decided to turn around and try a different route! LOL! Shame I didn't catch it on camera.

Nothing like an early start :)

The water going up the bonnet would have been a sight

Lol :cool: