ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A CURE FOR UNDERSTEER?

Clio 182 Cup
This might be silly but a friend suggested putting r888's or similar on the front of my car and leaving the rear as normal, would this be possible and would it make my clio more tail happy rather than struggling for grip and understeering?

Rusty Cup
When i added camber bolts the front end grip was hugely improved but was coupled with a shorter tyre life. I never experienced understeer with camber bolts installed.

Impreza Wagon
Your obviously cornering too quickly, the Clio's handle great as a standard car! If you want to impove it a whiteline ARB would help. You can also get camber bolts for the front for slight adjustments.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If the first thing is perfect / as good as can be, move on:

Checklist:
1. Moderate > good tyres (no ditch finders, bald or 10 yr old premium rubber).
2. Correct tyre pressures.
3. Geometry.
4. Driving lessons.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I can't believe it took 12 replies for someone to ask the most important question!

This ^^^^

With half decent tyres in good condition understeer really isn't an issue for road driving. If you're experiencing the understeer on track then there are lots of different routes to take.

Clio 182 Cup
Funny, I asked a straight forward question and get a bunch of tools "trying" to be funny! Thanks to the guys who offered a proper opinion and advice but as a new member of the site its a shame that a few bad apples spoil every forum like this one

Mk1 Focus RS
Funny, I asked a straight forward question and get a bunch of tools "trying" to be funny! Thanks to the guys who offered a proper opinion and advice but as a new member of the site its a shame that a few bad apples spoil every forum like this one

you will get much better advice pal if you explain the situation more. from what you said people are under the impression that your car is suffering from understeer? so they are asking whether you have budget tires or good quality ones

and you havent said whether this is on the road or track. if its the latter then there are plenty of people on CS who track their cars and would be more than willing to give you advice.

Check tyre pressures. I run mine around 28psi when hot using a048's.

An arb made a huge difference around the track. Car is much less lairy at the back.

This time of year I would also guess the track is going to be slightly damp/greasy which isn't going to help either.

Mid corner to exit, it turns in well but wont stay in tight, thats why I asked about r888

Too much power to early.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
How are you steering?
Trying to steer like a wild manner throwing it around or using it gently as in racing line and smoothness?

P zero's are a hard compound tyre so takes abit to get heat into them IMO