ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few F4RT questions.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Basing these questions on the megane 225 engines.

As the turbos are water feed, where does the water feed and return come from and go to? is it the thermostat housing? if so is this able to fit a F4R?

Oil feed and returns..where on the f4rt are they located and are these ports available on the f4r engine?

thanks

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah water cooled and its a octopus hose i think. they also have a auxiliary water cooler for when the engine is off.
Oil feed is from the head iirc. and oil return the block.

172 cup, Impreza P1
On a F4R, the water feed is tee'd off just before the heater matrix.

Oil feed is tee'd from the oil pressure sensor and returned to the sump.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Yeah water cooled and its a octopus hose i think. they also have a auxiliary water cooler for when the engine is off.
Oil feed is from the head iirc. and oil return the block.

Ive read up about the turbo etc but i cant find any information about where the oil feed and return are located on the head/block.

For the likes of the auxiliary water cooler that wouldn't be necessary for me :)

Ly Megane 230 F1
thanks for that cupman :)...
few more questions now lol.

do you know if the f4rt sump is a direct fitment to a f4r?

172 cup, Impreza P1
On the aftermarket forge hoses there is a connection just before the matrix to allow a return when the heater is on cold. Just take a feed from there to the inlet of the turbo and the same from the outlet to the return hose.

Hope this makes sense.

Ly Megane 230 F1
I can easily T in to the coolant hoses i suppose.. i just thought that if the feed and return were off of the thermostat then that would be an easy change and sort that problem out :).

172 cup, Impreza P1
The feed is off the stat in a way as it tees off about 6 away from it, the return is on the return pipe going to the radiator.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I'll check tomorrow for you as I got hose tails and stainless tees made up for the standard hoses then when I fitted the forge hoses I realised I never needed them.

The turbo connections are 13mm.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Like this.

S5001496.jpg

Ly Megane 230 F1
ahh i seen that kit...looks quite expensive for an oil line kit but i suppose its worth spending the money if its all a direct fit.