ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few faults with my 172...

Clio 182 Sport
Hope you guys can help, I did do a search for some solutions but wasn't completely sure of the answers so...

Basically, I will be selling my 172 as I now have a 182 but I have a few faults with it which I obviously need to solve before I let it go.
  • My service light stays constantly on even though it is not due for one and it gets switched off when it's service is carried out. (How is it switched off anyway?)
  • The airbag light comes on when I start the car and stays on constantly.
  • My driver's side xenon has gone but obviously I don't really and can't afford to, fork out for a new one so can anyone suggest where I can go to get it cheap?
  • I have a constant buzzing in the car, not sure where is is coming from but somewhere around the passenger's side of the dash.
I would be very grateful for any help at all!
Thank you all muchly! :D

Your service light is linked to your airbag problem, service light doesn't meran the car needs a service, only that it has a problem.

To solve them both, try wiggling the wires under the passengers seat, this should turn both lghts off.

New xenon is about £150, dunno if you would class that as cheap though.

As for the fourth problem, it's French!

Clio 182 Sport
Your service light is linked to your airbag problem, service light doesn't meran the car needs a service, only that it has a problem.

To solve them both, try wiggling the wires under the passengers seat, this should turn both lghts off.

New xenon is about £150, dunno if you would class that as cheap though.

As for the fourth problem, it's French!
Thanks for help! :)

I have wiggled the wires under the seat alot and nothing happens. It must be something under there though as when they did go off that was when I moved my seat back or forward.

Unfortunately me personally I wouldn't class £150 as cheap lol but if I cannot get it cheaper anywhere else then I will have to bite the bullet!

And as for it being French...you are so right! ;)

what colour 172 is it?
It's silver.

The connecters under the seat are usually the main problem with setting the lights off, wiggling them usually works, some people take them apart and solder different wires but I couldn't tell you which.

Try eBay, you sometimes get cheaper ones from there.

Clio 182 Sport
  R35 GTR
the pretension near the handbrake may be the problem, in my old 172 lowering the seat would cause the connector to pop off. Prise the plastic cover away a little to see if the connector is loose.

BMW M135i
Used xenon bulb (working though) on ebay for £24 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...ryZ72235QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or brandnew one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Replacement-X...eZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

As for the buzzing its probably the climate control senor fan, do a search its a common problem.
Cheers for the links!

Climate control, now, I didn't think about that! I shall look into that... :)

That brand new bulb isn't the right one as standard spec is 4300k so it won't match the other bulb. And 6000k for pure white light? lying b*****ds 6000k is blue as fvck! You want a 4300k bulb.