ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few from New York

BG Clio 182
Spent a fantastic week in NYC a few weeks back with some great weather and even a bit of snow. Had a great time saw the Rangers at the Gardens and went on a helicopter flight over the city which was immense. First proper use with the 7dmk2 comments very welcome:

url], on Flickr
Untitled by Tim Spicer, on Flickr
31995126114_cfde1777ba_b.jpg
First Glimpse by Tim Spicer, on Flickr
31996616474_1b23f7832a_b.jpg
Liberty by Tim Spicer, on Flickr
31997171074_121ab5db7e_b.jpg
Ellis Island shoe selfie by Tim Spicer, on Flickr
32478736630_5524092fb7_b.jpg
Manhattan by Tim Spicer, on Flickr
32084088873_acf4bd3b13_b.jpg
Downtown sunset by Tim Spicer, on Flickr
32088989923_a1284a0182_b.jpg
The Garden by Tim Spicer, on Flickr
32921902665_5b21a3f6cb_b.jpg
Grand Central by Tim Spicer, on Flickr
32559097340_9e73c1da81_b.jpg
Standing tall by Tim Spicer, on Flickr
32999852535_bd2077473f_b.jpg
Freedom Tower by Tim Spicer, on Flickr

Attachments

• 31982793724_4c21e69652_b.jpg
    31982793724_4c21e69652_b.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 36

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Some nice shots.
I really wish I'd have done a helicopter ride when I went. Definitely next time though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Jealous of the Heli shots! Great work, did you enjoy it out there?

BG Clio 182
Yeah love New York shooting out of a Helicopter was a real challenge with the door open the wind, and the trying to get fast enough shutter speeds high ISO needed. Loved every minute of it and would love to do it again in the Summer when its a tad warmer. Definatley recommend the company i went with they were brilliant sat on the floor of a helicopter with a harness on and with my feet on the skid over Manhattan with the door open is something i wont forget in a hurry.

BMW Z4
Great pics, Love NYC! wish when i went i wasnt a complete tourist point and shoot and took time to snap proper pictures.

Cupra
Shoe friend.

Nice pics. There are plenty of other nice ones in the Flickr album too!

Attachments

• IMG_8025.JPG
    IMG_8025.JPG
    697.5 KB · Views: 88
  14' Leon Cupra 280
Great shots. Was it FlyNYON by any chance? I did a helicopter flight on my 2nd visit, but fast forward 15 years and FlyNON offer a great experience. Would love to try it.
We love NYC so much we flew over there and got married in Dec 2016. There's just something about the place.

Did you do anything else different to the usual tourist hotspots?

BG Clio 182
Great shots. Was it FlyNYON by any chance? I did a helicopter flight on my 2nd visit, but fast forward 15 years and FlyNON offer a great experience. Would love to try it.
We love NYC so much we flew over there and got married in Dec 2016. There's just something about the place.

Did you do anything else different to the usual tourist hotspots?

It was indeed FlyNYON cant recommend it enough it was amazing with the doors off sitting on the edge of the chopper legs out over NYC. I pretty much did the touristy stuf as my freind hadnt been before, we took in an ice hockey game at Madison Square Garden which was really good. And then just ate and drank a lot.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Love New York - it's probably the only city other than Vancouver that I've visited and could easily see me moving to.

We last went in January - brilliant blue skies and proper cold - which suited me perfectly! Did you manage to get anywhere near the USS Intrepid at all? For those that aren't even military geeks - it's certainly worth a visit.

BG Clio 182
Yeah it was really cold at times then the day before we were leaving it topped almost 16oc . Then the day we were due to leave we had almost 10 inches of snow it was mad.

Yeah love the Intrepid iv'e been before but not since they had the space shuttle that is quite the sight up close pretty mad.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Great pics, but I'd reduce the copyright logo a bit as it immediately draws your eye instead of the great photo.