ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few I took tonight

"Navy" N17 TWO
A little bit noisy for my liking but I don't think I did bad for my first time trying this :)

3984947125_7b27986f2f_b.jpg

3984952061_59a3f20bdf_b.jpg

3984949697_40db6a977f_b.jpg

Others here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eyeofthetigger/sets/72157622400484519/

C&C is very much welcome!
Trev

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not bad Trev. My first long exposures were pretty naff but I think i've got better..

Try a lower iso (100/200) to cut the noise, and up the shutter speed to at least 30 seconds. Open the F point up a few notches to let more light in ! The large F number is good for a well lit area as you get sharp images and that 'star effect' on streetlights etc., but that isn't really needed on motorways ! :cool:

Keep at it :D

ISO 1600 for the clouds... way way too high for the D40, I take it you were using a tripod? You could have wacked the iso way down and got far less noise.

One I took a while back with the D40, ISO 200, F8

2881836796_274a802bc8_b.jpg

Hope that helps :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Thanks lads, I had the ISO at 200 for most of the shots and could still see a lot of noise in the image preview on the camera.

Thought Paintshop Pro could fix some of the noise but didn't know where to start lol

I'm still thinking of upgrading the body in the new year but want to learn more with this one first :)

Nimbus 197
good effort! like the lighting in the first shot.

noiseninja might help you with the noise issue. What camera are you using again? I forget :boring:

"Navy" N17 TWO
The pics were coming out very grainy even with the ISO turned down to 200 - what's going on there? :S

tiTTy & SV650
ISO 1600 for the clouds... way way too high for the D40, I take it you were using a tripod? You could have wacked the iso way down and got far less noise.

One I took a while back with the D40, ISO 200, F8

2881836796_274a802bc8_b.jpg

Hope that helps :)

cracking pic

"Navy" N17 TWO
Very nice shot Niall :)

Car in lane 3 coming towards you needs either the tracking done or a breathalyzer test! :rasp:

Motorbikes
1st pic is nice, 2nd and 3rd could do with longer exposure. As said, use a lower ISO, since your on a tripod and shutter speed options are infinite you can pump it right down as you dont need it to help increase exposure.

Good effort.