ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few new pics of my Cup (with the 'new' mod...)

EP3 Civic Type R
Not sure if I ever put pictures up of the painted black grilles/splitter in here. (I know I did in my project thread!)

Anyway- people were wanting to know if they stonechipped etc. 1200ish miles and still good as new- so all is good! :) Just took a few new pictures today after a wash

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

ITB'd 182...
Absolutely stunning!!!

Like the painted plastics! Any plans to do the mirror surrounds and the black strip on the rear bumper?

EP3 Civic Type R
Absolutely stunning!!!

Like the painted plastics! Any plans to do the mirror surrounds and the black strip on the rear bumper?

Rear bumper strip is done matey- I contemplated the mirror surrounds, but just not sure if it would start looking ott and if you I'd ever stop then lol....

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Nice. Think i've spotted you a couple of times around Blackpool area, looks even better on the road.

EP3 Civic Type R
Ah coolio

Couldnt see on the laptop

Is it much work to do? Prep work like?

Not really- depends what you class as alot of work.

Any paint surface needs sanding/keyring, washing, drying primering, painting then laquering but it's all worth it :)

Swirly- have you? Give me a flash/beep next time. I'm usually knocking around Poulton/Fleetwood way and work in Preston

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I don't normally stick my neck out like this... but i'd go as far as to say yours is my favourite Cup.

If you had Pole Positions, it'd be perfect! ;)

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
is the cup splitter solid then?
dosent flex like.
i wanted to my splitter but been told the paint will just crack.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Swirly- have you? Give me a flash/beep next time. I'm usually knocking around Poulton/Fleetwood way and work in Preston
Yeah but I was on the bike both times ;) Mate always says he sees a mint 172 Cup on the A583 (?) aswell - which must be yours.

Bumder With A Buffer
IS it hard to get the plastics out? I want to paint mine as they are looking dull as f**k so any advice would be grand :)

Oh I finally managed success with fluorescent paint! Took ages but got there :)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
IS it hard to get the plastics out? I want to paint mine as they are looking dull as f**k so any advice would be grand :)

Back to black and you will be fine mate.

Nice looking cup :)

EP3 Civic Type R

Lol Richy- it's hard paint to work with eh!

Back to black can be used... but I really would advise painting them. I washed the car today, can wash the plastics the same and good as new. You imagine trying to put back to black on the front grilles.... It would take forever to get perfect imo :)

It's not a hard job, but best as a bumper-off job for easyness. Only bolt on bolt-off job :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
At first glance, I thought the first pic had mudflaps fitted to the rear :cool:. Then I saw that it was just part of the shed in the background. Boo. :(

Looking superb though!

D.

Bumder With A Buffer
Lol Richy- it's hard paint to work with eh!

Back to black can be used... but I really would advise painting them. I washed the car today, can wash the plastics the same and good as new. You imagine trying to put back to black on the front grilles.... It would take forever to get perfect imo :)

It's not a hard job, but best as a bumper-off job for easyness. Only bolt on bolt-off job :)

I went back to scratch and prep'd fully... looks okay now! (haven't put it on the car though yet)

I tried back to black last week.... this week the f**king thing is grey again :(

Just normal matt black paint and no lacquer?