ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few photos of my other interest...

RB One Eight Two
Afternoon all,

I thought I would post some photos of the other interest, well my main interest and hobby really, Aviation Photography. Here are a selection of photos which I have taken over the past 4 years and most of them were taken on the West Coast, USA - Arizona, California and Nevada.

They were all taken with a Nikon D80 with either Sigma 50-500mm or Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8 VR. Hopefully photobucket hasn't done its best to destroy the quality. Hope you like them, enjoy.

DSC_0227.jpg

Raptor_13.jpg

T-45C_Goshawk_Williams.jpg

Prowler_11.jpg

64th_ARGS_16_1.jpg

Anet_7.jpg

E-2C_CAG_Land.jpg

CanadianAFHornet1.jpg

DSC_0190_falcon_B.jpg

DSC_4695_SJ_F-15E.jpg

AV-8B_Williams_Gateway_4.jpg

fallon_1.jpg

DSC_0002_Tiger_Rafale.jpg

B-1B_Lancer_AMARG.jpg

Beale_KC-135E.jpg

DSC_0139_LC-130s.jpg

DSC_0055_f-14.jpg

DSC_0048_AMARC-1.jpg

Cheers

Ash

brilliat clarity, good effort.

takes me back to when i was a plane geek :)

love how old and basic the AWAC looks next to the F's

Cupra
Really nice pics. Have you been to that plane graveyard? It is somewhere I would love to nose around!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome pics mate! Not going to Farnborough Air Show this year by any chance?

RB One Eight Two
Superb pics!
Cheers Fella

Really nice pics. Have you been to that plane graveyard? It is somewhere I would love to nose around!
Cheers mate. Obviously I have been to the boneyard but I have never been inside the fence. The only way you can get inside the fence is you can get a bus tour from the Pima Air and Space Museum just outside Davis Monthan which takes you inside on a set route. You don't get to see everything and the sun is not on your side. I would love to hire a golf buggy for a week and have permission to go and photograph all 4,500 aircraft.

The shots which were taken from above were from an overflight. We hired a plane for 1 hour from a company flying out of Tucson International Airport, all was pre-booked before we flew out to the west coast.

Awesome pics mate! Not going to Farnborough Air Show this year by any chance?

Cheers mate. I have never been to Farnborough to cluttered for my liking. Will be doing RIAT @ Fairford next weekend, a much better show by far

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Fantastic shots!, The farnborough show is quite good, I am hopefully going up on the Friday instead of the public days! I live within walking distance so its more of a pain in the arse aswell as they close all the roads....

If you are up are fairford, pics of Vulcan please :p... only reason I am going to farnborough this year! :D

RB One Eight Two
Fantastic shots!, The farnborough show is quite good, I am hopefully going up on the Friday instead of the public days! I live within walking distance so its more of a pain in the arse aswell as they close all the roads....

If you are up are fairford, pics of Vulcan please :p... only reason I am going to farnborough this year! :D

I will try lol. Havn't shot the Vulcan myself yet but hopefully next weekend I will.

RB One Eight Two
Cracking mate. 50-500MM is next on my list. Worth it you think?

After I purchased it, it was a cracking lens, but now I try NOT to use it. I find I get vignetting on all my images taken against a blue sky which is very hard to correct in Photoshop. If the subject is in reaching distance of 70-200mm I will always opt to use that lens, there is no comparison between the two. I'm thinking about getting a 1.7x Nikon converter for the 70-200mm but havn't tried one to see how good it is yet.

My Sigma is getting old now and has had a lot of use but I have heard that the newer version of it is much improved and is avery good lens :D