ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few pics of mine so far

G51 BEN
Ok so she's not a sport, the pictures arent the best, and ive probably not modified her as much as most on here but I just thought id show you all my efforts.... Still a few larger changes to come.

Bought her in Jan 09 as standard (Grill was added straight away)

173318.jpg

Did one or two little bits like spraying bullets and painting calipers

144807.jpg

Next came the rear splitter. Not seen many of these at all and are quite rare as far as I understand.... not to everyones taste but I like it.

150414.jpg

Had a bit of a front end smash which wasnt my fault, but left the car looking like this :(

131352-2.jpg

After the new bonnet I thought I would get the lot colour coded while she was in the workshop so ended up popping out like this

10042010378-1.jpg

11122009036-1.jpg

mod.jpg

(slight gaps where the bonnet meets the wings/lights I know but.... it should all be getting sorted)

Next came a few stickers and number plate :cool:

30042010007-1.jpg

22042010400-1.jpg

Got some carbon fibre 3M di-noc sheets so did a couple of interior bits

07052010025-1.jpg

13052010048-1.jpg

07052010026-1.jpg

Finally my latest update was today when I installed a CAF into my fog light surround and popped on my brand new Carbon fibre diamond :)

06062010089.jpg

06062010090.jpg

Yesss the car needs a wash I know that!

Also got Bosch aero twin blade wipers recently purchased, K&N panel filter and Osram nightbreakers (none are visible on pics)

Future mods:
RS steering wheel soon to be purchased
Sport front bumper soon to be purchased also hopefully
Possibly lowered + spacers

C&C.... Cheers guys!

RS Megane DCi 175
Looking good there mate.
No plans to swap the wheels at any stage? Never been a fan of that 172 style in the 15".

G51 BEN
Why does the bonnet look like its falling off the front of the car?

as said when I had the crash, it basically pushed the wings out, headlights down slightly, and top section of bumper in, so its not set right....

Hard to tell when you dont know about it but its been a pain to set right!

And yeah looking at a set of Ultra's I think :)

Never above 25mpg
as said when I had the crash, it basically pushed the wings out, headlights down slightly, and top section of bumper in, so its not set right....

Hard to tell when you dont know about it but its been a pain to set right!

And yeah looking at a set of Ultra's I think :)

New slam panel needed?

G51 BEN
Got one mate...

The plastic at the top of the bumper where the diamond is seems to be rather flimsy and has just bent slightly upon impact, but there is nothing to hold it so I cant pull it back as it just flicks back... giving the impression that the bonnet overhangs.

Titanium 182
Looks good, I like the CAF - where did you get it from?

Also whose is the Arctic blue 182? Must be my cars sibling as I can see up until 'HY04 W..' and mine's 'HY04 WCT' :)

G51 BEN
Cheers guys, il get a measurement of the CAF as I cant remember off the top of my head.

Elf - I was driving behind 4 lads in an old megane when they decided to slam the brakes on randomly inc handbrake (no lights though) so by the time I had stopped it was too late.
About an hour later in my mates car we were driving behind a completely different car when EXACTLY the same thing happened - I got out to confront them and it was the same four lads that did mine an hour earlier!!!

Hmmmm.

And Cal yeah nice car bud, we need to have another mini meet eh?

Titanium 182
Hello sibling! That would be me! HY04 WDA. :D

That's quality, is 'HY' Hampshire? Pretty sure the lady who bought it before me got it from Portsmouth - nice to see it's travelled up north :) tidy exhaust kit, Yozza or Scorpion?

Sorry for hijacking, Ben! ;)

Civic Type S GT
Ben we do need another mini meet definatly pal! Especially now the hose pipe ban has been lifted, can wash the car now.

Civic Type S GT
That's quality, is 'HY' Hampshire? Pretty sure the lady who bought it before me got it from Portsmouth - nice to see it's travelled up north :) tidy exhaust kit, Yozza or Scorpion?

Sorry for hijacking, Ben! ;)

Not 100% where it's come from actually, although you've got me wondering now, I'll check tonight.

It's a yozza mate, loved it ever since day one of fitting it. Get one!;)

275 Trophy
What happened to the window? Does having a CAF that low mean first time you hit a flood or ford you'll hydraulic the engine? Looks good though.

200 FF Storm Grey
What happened to the window? Does having a CAF that low mean first time you hit a flood or ford you'll hydraulic the engine? Looks good though.

People say you could but I don't think there's enough suction in a tube that wide to suck water up, maybe rain at high revs but not pottering through a puddle.

I'd say it needs a machine polish next mate, will transform it.

Stagecoach Ticket

Proberly not no, alot of people have run fog light CAF's and been fine the way the pipe sits from the foglight its not directly vertical so shouldent generate enough sucking power to drive water up to the body. If fitted losely then there be no chance. Only real time that hydrolock the lump is if your CAF duct is below the bumper facing directly down. + being standard ride height the fog light hole is proberly higher than most 4x4 cafs anyway :rasp:

P.S. not many fords about unless u live in the sticks of lancs

275 Trophy
Proberly not no, alot of people have run fog light CAF's and been fine the way the pipe sits from the foglight its not directly vertical so shouldent generate enough sucking power to drive water up to the body. If fitted losely then there be no chance. Only real time that hydrolock the lump is if your CAF duct is below the bumper facing directly down. + being standard ride height the fog light hole is proberly higher than most 4x4 cafs anyway :rasp:

P.S. not many fords about unless u live in the sticks of lancs

That's where I live; there's 2 within a couple of miles of my house. Had floods that come over the bonnet too

Elf

Clio 172 cup
I'm sorry to hear that, id it was the same four lads, I'm sure they been doing it to everyone and crying for compensation
Scum like this is what really p's me off
Ive a tatty polo undertake me and he took off my wing mirror. A wing mirror is a minor thing so I was willing to let it go!
6 weeks later the guy claims he'd been whipped lashed and I look the guilty party coz I didn't report it