ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few planes...

Afternoon all,

Haven't posted a photo thread for a while so thought a few of these shots deserved airing, had a great day out in the sun shooting planes. Popped along to the Cotswolds Air show where they put on a great flying display. Unfortunately I still have nothing longer than 200mm, but hey that was just about long enough for most things and my 70-200mm f4L performed admirably as per usual.

Anyway here are a few shots from the day:

4717167479_99ea14c034_b.jpg

4717139923_a3f71e683b_b.jpg

4717139245_53f3d80b89_b.jpg

4717138629_166d5eb05e_b.jpg

4717138155_3ee0b1cd2f_b.jpg

4717137545_c7a2d35a3f_b.jpg

Hope you like.

Cheers

Paul

I love the Red Arrows. Actual love.

You obviously had them quite low unless they are massively cropped as I didn't get that close with 300mm last year.

I love the Red Arrows. Actual love.

You obviously had them quite low unless they are massively cropped as I didn't get that close with 300mm last year.

I'm never disappointed by them, always put on a great show. Tried to get some different shots from the last display I saw, although mostly failed....

None of them are massively cropped, I was surprised at how close the display was - made a nice change.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Nice shots, but is Image 5 upside down?

A friend of mine is attached to the Red Arrows for two years as there photographer - Laura Bibby
can guarantee she was up in one of those birds in the shot

Nice shots. The B&W treatment on the Typhoon is top notch.

Gutted I completely forgot about this though, my favourite air display by a mile. Really relaxed / friendly / compact and the runway is nice and close.

Cupra
Really like these, I spotted them on your stream earlier.

I know what you mean about the 200mm being a bit short at times. After todays trip to the zoo, I am now sold on getting a 2x externder as I had to do some major cropping.

Thanks all.

Nice shots. The B&W treatment on the Typhoon is top notch.

Gutted I completely forgot about this though, my favourite air display by a mile. Really relaxed / friendly / compact and the runway is nice and close.

Yeah I was really impressed, nice atmosphere and not too corporate. I only knew about it by seeing the end of Points West on Friday evening, otherwise I would not have known it was on.

I know what you mean about the 200mm being a bit short at times. After todays trip to the zoo, I am now sold on getting a 2x externder as I had to do some major cropping.

I guess even more so with the 5D MkII, I guess in an ideal world we all love a 10mm - 500mm f1.4 lens......not sure it's technically possible, and if it was it would cost a fortune and require a small truck to transport!

Cupra
Yep, the downside of the 5DII is that the 200 is even shorter. It is actually why I sold my old 70-200 f4, as I thought I would get the 100-400 instead.

The flexibility of the 70-200 f2.8 and 2x extender will be of more use to me than the 100-400 in the long run I think.

The Sigma 200-500 f2.8 would do me, it costs a small fortune but looks perfectly hand holdable. ;)

juza_handholding_sigma_200-500_2-8.jpg