ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few questions on the clio 172 body panels (to fit clio 1.2)

2002 Renault Clio
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I hope this is the correct section to post this in.

I have a 52 plate Clio 1.2 Authentique (8V I think). This is my first Renault. I have plans to make it a 172/182 replica.

I would appreciate any advice or answers anyone can give to the questions that I have.

First of all, would I be able to swap out the dull seats and door cards for the clio sport seats and door cards? Or would I have to make adjustments if there are different fittings?

Second question; Would the 172 rear bumper fit straight on to the car or do I have to get the 172 rear arch liners and different brackets etc?

I was going to go for the 182 bumper but I've been looking under the car and the spare wheel location gets in the way of adjusting the exhaust.

Third question; Would it be easier (and cheaper) to buy the 172 front bumper, wings and arch liners or should I just go for the front bumper and do all the adjusting etc? What would you recommend? If I do buy the 172 bumper and wings etc, would they fit straight on?

Thanks for reading

Yeah mate sport seats and door cards are a straight swap into non sports

172 rear bumper is also a straight swap, unsure on arch liners but im pretty sure they are the same

You can get 182 look exhausts for non sports but i would suggest just going for a 172 bumper as its much easier :)

I would say go for wings/bumper and side skirts, it wouldnt be cheaper but a hell of a lot easier. Also although not needed, if going for wings, spacers on the front wheels are recommended as becuase sport wings are winder most wheels look lost in the arches without them

Hope this helps :)