ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few questions

clio williams, Ph1 172

Just a few questions that someone may be able to help me with.

What oil do people use in Clio 16Vs?
I have a 93K Phase 1. Its done 65K and i put 10w 40 semi synthetic (Comma) oil in it. Is this ok? it seems to be ok but its a bit tappy at startup when its cold.

Will Phase 2 rear lights fit on perfectly? I have seen a Phase 1 normal clio with 1 (dont ask me why) phase 2 rear light and 1 phase 1. The phase 2 looked like it was sat up too high.

Can anyone get me a drivers door rubber? I cant afford Renault prices as I am a poor student.

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Paul

HI,

I use fully synthetic Mobil 1 15/50 Motorsport stuff, its the dogs IMHO. Will always sound tappy when it cold and before the pressure reaches the tappets, should quieten down after a few secs then get quieter still when shes warmed up.

Phase 2 light clusters will fit, but as you have noticed do not sit flush with the tailgate, the phase 2 clios have a different strip across the bottom which sits up higher and is flush with the clusters.

No door rubbers Im affraid, in fact I need a drivers side too.

Cheers, Simon

BMW 320d Sport

I use 15w50 Mobil 1 Motorsport. Works perfectly although 16v are always noisy - make sure its not the injectors youre hearing.

Phase 2 clusters will fit but you may need to do the underneath bit.

For a door rubber, go to a Renault scrappy and get one for a fiver. Renault rubbers are well expensive - a rear windscreen rubber (Renault only!) was about £50!

Trophy

Paul,

Which side is your phase 2 rear light cluster?
As im looking for a drivers side one to replace my damaged one and can sort you out with a phase 1 light!

I might have a door rubber for you too, will have to look which side ive got.
I can see a deal coming on here.

I use Mobil 1 motorsport 15w50, quiet as a mouse!

Mat.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Its not my car thats got the odd lights mate. Just another one ive seen.
How do you make them sit flush?
How much is this oil? Stuff I gets about a tenner. Ive always believed that if you change it regular its ok. Ive had no problems with it. It runs really quiet apart from at start up. Its not bad at the moment. Noisy in cold weather though

clio williams, Ph1 172

I need a door rubber still though. They are £50 for a drivers door. Come on Renault you are takin the piss! I got quoted £70 for a phase 2 grille in my local dealer!! £10.50 per rear window bolt. No wonder im skint!