ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few shots of my Type-R...

RS Megane DCi 175
Gave the car a proper post winter clean today after neglecting it for a few weeks.
It seemed like a good idea seeing as it was sunny today, but it was chuffing freezing!

I took some pics just as it was getting dark, the location's nothing exciting nor are the pics themselves but you'll get the idea!

I took my rig along too for a few quick snaps - making the most of the low light for those longer exposures. Rig needs more work to be honest, but finding decent fixing points on the Civic is hard work too!

Rig shots:
5399308910_dc4f09074b.jpg

Civic Type R FN2 by d35ign, on Flickr

5399306230_9019a5728a.jpg

Took some static shots too:
5399307746_b28b2b6221.jpg

5399307482_1766028ecc.jpg

5399306740_b6f446d1f2.jpg

5399308140_38822ed6ac.jpg

Quick interior shot too:
5398707311_47d9a65232.jpg

I was cleaning the car in preparation for a more adventurous shoot next weekend, so I should have some better pics / locations / rig shots up of that - with some additional Jap cars joining in too! :cool:

BMW 320d M-Sport
What's it like to live with mate? Looks gorgeous. Considering a Type S GT diesel - not sure I can bring myself to lose the Clio!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Dont know about matt but i love mine.Lovely interrior and brilliant chairs.

My mpg is sat on 32.7 atm

Tyres are costly on the 19" 225/35/19 but they look really nice.

RS Megane DCi 175
nice ,love the interior pic

Thanks! The interior is a great place to be, love it. No rattles either! ;)

Cracking shots but not a fan of the car tbh, oh and sort that plate out it looks terrible. ;)
Haha! Yeah I know there's a certain marmite effect with the Fn2, I'm a fan though! What's up with the plate?! ;)

Not a fan of the FN's but excellent pictures!
Thanks!

Apart from the wheels it's awesome! Prefer them in red though!
I really like the wheels - sure, they're massive and so are the tyre prices but I think they finish the car off and give it that distinctive look over the boggo Civics.

Great car and lovely pics...
Ta mate!

What's it like to live with mate? Looks gorgeous. Considering a Type S GT diesel - not sure I can bring myself to lose the Clio!
It's a different type of drive, takes some getting used to - it's not a lazy drivers car, you do have to work to get it shifting and stay in and around the v-tec band. Not in the same league handling wise as an RS Clio or my previous Fiesta ST though. But that's not to say it's poor handling! Type-S's are nice too, good spec for the money as well. Test drive one!

Looks sweet, these type r's look great in silver
Ta - I was looking for red originally, but went for silver in the end - think I made the right choice! (No offence ian 182!)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Matttttt! How's things mate, it's been too long! :(

You been on the type-r forums?

Echo the comments, both cracking shots and not being a fan of the Civic.

Superb colours - where in the NW is that, Matt?

RS Megane DCi 175
Thanks for the comments guys!

Matttttt! How's things mate, it's been too long! :(
You been on the type-r forums?

Gally - I'm good thanks, it has been a while! Not around much on here these days - even less on Civic forums! I'm on Civinfo & Type-R Owners, but for some damned reason I end up coming back here! haha!

How's the Puma?

not normally a fan but very nicely done. Think it's the wheel choice.
nice pics too

Thanks mate!

Great looking motor, but then i would agree as i am a fellow fn2'er :)
Cool - got any pics mate? What did you go for? Didn't you have an A3 for a while?

The plate has numbers photoshopped out

Yeah - I think it's a running joke - last time I had pics up, I was getting asked "Do you not get pulled for the plate spaced like that?!"
:clown:

Echo the comments, both cracking shots and not being a fan of the Civic. Superb colours - where in the NW is that, Matt?

Thanks mate - I don't think I've had a car that hasn't been a little marmite!
The location is Martland Mill industrial estate - just by the DW stadium in Wigan. Not exactly exotic but did the job. ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very well mate, bit tempermental during the cold!

Never broke down but -14 didn't help it run perfect! It's getting an overhaul though, full suspension, bushes, mounts, new mats, grilles, serviced ect.. all parts delivered last week and a big detail coming up in the next couple of weeks!

Looking forward to a summer with it, it'll feel like a new car!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Loved the wife's when she had it! Great car and sounded great standard!

Sad but one of my favourite things was the fact that the back seat was a bench and there was loads of storage under it!

Dave

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The back seats drop totally flat and make a great space for humping stuff around,like my ridgeback.When i drop the seat the seated part slides away underneath.Also when you go in the boot theres a lift up compartment in the boot to store light shopping...

RS Megane DCi 175
Very well mate, bit tempermental during the cold!

Never broke down but -14 didn't help it run perfect! It's getting an overhaul though, full suspension, bushes, mounts, new mats, grilles, serviced ect.. all parts delivered last week and a big detail coming up in the next couple of weeks!

Looking forward to a summer with it, it'll feel like a new car!

Cool! Yeah -14 is not ideal!
Overhaul sounds good - was all this through necessity Gally or just keeping things fresh?
Looking forward to seeing the pics! Still got a soft spot for my Blue Ovals! ;)

Lovely car, prefer these to the DC5's! Spaceage inside!

Nice shots!
Thanks - I do love the interior too! The HFT/Sat Nav is the best I've ever used tbh! Doesn't get much better than asking your car "Are we there yet?" and having it respond! /geek.

Loved the wife's when she had it! Great car and sounded great standard!

Sad but one of my favourite things was the fact that the back seat was a bench and there was loads of storage under it!

Dave

Yup - plenty of space to get the bikes in the back! Just as well too as there's no bike racks available for the R AFAIK.

S2000 + E91 330D
Clean car dude! Pictures look awesome.
I'm unsure about the FN2.. Somedays I see one and quite enjoy the sight, otherdays, not so much.

RS Megane DCi 175
Clean car dude! Pictures look awesome.
I'm unsure about the FN2.. Somedays I see one and quite enjoy the sight, otherdays, not so much.
I'd have probably agreed with you before I got one! ;)

Not megga on the wheels but it does look nice.
Yeah I know what you mean, not many hatches can pull off the look of 19's without looking roller skate like. I think the FN2 does though, especially when I see one on the standard wheels.
Ask me again when I need new tyres though - that opinion could change drastically!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive been using falkens on mine matt and there a sound tyre.Got them for £104 a corner...