ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A lap of the ring in a hired R26R I did last year...

Clio 182 & Golf Mk1 Racer
Hi folks :)

After selling my 182 I have not really posted on here but as I still lurk on here now and again Seeing as I always posted my 182 vids on here, I thought I would post a vid of the R26R I had a shot of last year.

I hired the Renault from RSR Nurburg last May and had 6 laps in it and absolutely loved it. I forgot about the vids I had saved and just got around to uploading one today.

Bonkers car :cool:

Gets interesting at 4.30 - 2 Porsches, 3 M3's, an Alfa and another R26R!!

You will have to excuse my outburst at the start. Was getting excited about seeing bikes doing wheelies.

[youtube]8JKD4GWk6_Q[/youtube]

Also, thanks to Dale and the guys at RSR for letting me loose in their car. They sorted me out with the car at very short notice after my M3 broke down. Excellent service :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Awesome Ali, catch up this wk for a pint? Forgot to send you those pics too! You onshore?

Golf R soon...
Excellent video, not a bad driver by the looks of things either.

What M3 do you have?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. Backwards or do you mean sidewards...

M3.jpg

306 GTI-6
Good driving, you can tell you know the track well, and you carried your speed well through the corners you werent being held up at.

Glad you liked the vid.

The Megane was great. The best fwd I have driven. Only complaints I had were the gearchange and the fact that you craved another 50bhp for the hilly bits.

I sold the E46 as it was just too much money for me to have tied up in one thing. I could not afford to run the M3 and go racing this year so sold it to finish the Golf.

I made a sensible (boring) choice of a Passat TDI as a daily and then when I was offered an E36 M3 at the right money, I bought that for a bit of fun. Still miss the E46 like hell though :dapprove:

Ali - No pints for me! Away in Sudan untill the end of Feb unfortunately. I will give you a shout when I get back as will be needing a beer by then!

You still got my email address to send over those pics? Ace pic that. Expensive tyres going up in smoke :dead:

Probably why I could not afford to keep it!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Glad you liked the vid.

The Megane was great. The best fwd I have driven. Only complaints I had were the gearchange and the fact that you craved another 50bhp for the hilly bits.

I sold the E46 as it was just too much money for me to have tied up in one thing. I could not afford to run the M3 and go racing this year so sold it to finish the Golf.

I made a sensible (boring) choice of a Passat TDI as a daily and then when I was offered an E36 M3 at the right money, I bought that for a bit of fun. Still miss the E46 like hell though :dapprove:

Ali - No pints for me! Away in Sudan untill the end of Feb unfortunately. I will give you a shout when I get back as will be needing a beer by then!

You still got my email address to send over those pics? Ace pic that. Expensive tyres going up in smoke :dead:

Probably why I could not afford to keep it!!

PM me it matey!

Sorry, missed that post.

It was 449 euros for the half day (6 laps) - all the prices for the cars are on their website as per Jon's link.

Yes, it does look expensive at first, and I suppose there is no getting away from that, but it is arrive and drive which means you do not have to pay for new tyres or brakes when you get home.

6 laps does not sound a lot either but to do 6 laps in an afternoon is quite a lot unless you are constantly lapping - i.e. not going into the car park after finishing a lap.

As they are German registered they are already insured specifically for hire on the Nurburgring, but you do not want to rely on the insurance. The excess is so large that it would only become useful in a total loss situation or if you pushed something expensive off into the armco.

At the time, the value of the Megane would have been similar to the M3 so I just drove it as I would mine and did not take too many risks with it.

172, Tiguan
As Ali says, you are paying for peace of mind and the knowledge you are fully covered should anything happen, as well as getting to drive a cracking car. Can't put a price on that!