ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Little Advice on a 172 Exclusive

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
now we just got another one of these cos it wer very cheap, now i knew i would have to put a few hundered into it to get it working, but how much are NEW ecus for the CLio PH1 Exclusive or can i put any 172 second hand one in it

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Well i think its busted, it was backfiring on the way home, then it gave up, so my b/f sprayed some easy start and she tried to start, he checked and the injectors wont fire but the Spark is working fine all he could come up with was the ECU, now we have 2 mk1 172's so could i just swap em over to test it

scd

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I went to see the car a couple of weeks ago and the fella selling it tried to pass the spluttering and backfire off as dirty petrol. Took it for a spin, had to rev the car hard to clear it, seemed to do the trick. It was also crunching in 2nd gear.