ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little bit of confusion

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Good Evening,

im having a bit of confusion with my car at the moment as it has the VIN number CB1N0F but has all the luxuries of the full fat, can anyone help me with the dilemma?

Many Thanks

​Joe

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Where do people dig up these old threads from lol. Put a pic up, CS will soon tell you what it is.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
There's no abs pump on it, ill get some pictures up in a bit :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If its not got abs its a CUP unless someone's been messing.

​BTW full fat is a 182 only term, referring to one with both cup packs.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
This is where its confusing me, as it has the chassis number of a cup, no abs like a cup, lowered suspension like a cup, but it is in black has A/C and the normal 172 seats etc.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
so even though it has the VIN of a cup and no ABS, etc.
Mine is not a cup

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
no abs pump, and the wheels just lock completely performing an emergency stop

Black Gold Trophy
it's hard to spot, it's hidden behind some fabric in the engine bay, it's below the PAS reservoir.

If the wheels are locking it could possibly be malfunctioning/disconnected/disabled

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
all that was confusing me was the face it shares the same VIN number first digits as the cup, but the logbook does not state anything

1.7 cdti
A lot of logbooks on the ph2 172's say "exclusive " but they arent so i wouldnt get to hung up about it

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
the logbook just says Renault 1998cc and thats about it
theres type: CB1N
then underneath says CB1N0F

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's not a cup. I've been on here for a while and never heard of anything about cup/none cup VIN number before.