ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Little bit of Korean!

After the death, resurrection, death, resurrection and it was inevitable to die again, I decided to get rid of the clio and got given a good deal on this!

Its a Kia (yes i thought the same BUT after driving it and looking at it a while it grew on me)

Kia Pro-ceed ZR7

310335_10150866279950274_765775273_21218625_1243838908_n.jpg
309580_10150866281040274_1259057015_n.jpg
298951_10150866284440274_765775273_21218701_1641085558_n.jpg

The drive is fantastic, pretty decent on the motorway, cant get my head around the size of it, Its longer than a 5dr Mk3 Clio and a tiny bit wider.
oh its a 1.4 16V

182, SQ7, Trafic
Mate sells them, I was quite impressed when I went out in one, eventually the name will be acceptable. A bit like Skoda

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Kia will never have a name like Skoda did - luckily for them!

I can see Kia making some good little motors from now on :)

When the dealer said how about a kia? i was like get f*cked mate lol but when i saw it i was actually impressed with it. The boot is massive on it. I have aircon, ipod connectivity and the usual electric mirrors and stuff.

Im currently getting late 40's to early 50 mpg which is really good!

Couple of downsides the lower of the interior is a grey plastic, kinda like the beige on the mk3 clios but i dont notice it while im driving so im not that bothered.
Visibility whilst parking, I am having to used the mirrors more than ive ever had to to park a car.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Mate at work has a Pro Ceed in black, really nice car tbh.

I still think Kia will be the biggest car manufacturer in the world in 10 years time.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd rather walk but each to their own.

The world would be boring if we were all the same.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Mate at work has a Pro Ceed in black, really nice car tbh.

I still think Kia will be the biggest car manufacturer in the world in 10 years time.

I keep saying that too, if within next 5 years most have been problem free then they've lasted a 7 year warranty which is outstanding providing nothing major has gone wrong. I haven't heard of any recalls about bad things as yet.

Thats the main reason i bought it, the Warranty, The Clio went in for warranty stuff more times than i can think of.
Im only paying £68 more insurance a year and its engine is .2l bigger and 30 or so HP more and its so much bigger than the clio

Focus
I've always had a soft spot for the pro-ceed, I've driven an estate ceed quite recently, demo at work, and other than the horribly uncomfortable seats (may of just been me) I thought it drove not bad at all! Not only that the interior was solid and well built, ride was good etc etc.

Good choice bud, if maybe a tad small an engine! Is it quite sluggish? :eek:

I've always had a soft spot for the pro-ceed, I've driven an estate ceed quite recently, demo at work, and other than the horribly uncomfortable seats (may of just been me) I thought it drove not bad at all! Not only that the interior was solid and well built, ride was good etc etc.

Good choice bud, if maybe a tad small an engine! Is it quite sluggish? :eek:
i havent found it sluggish at all, tbh i wasnt expecting much and coming from a 1.2 anything is faster. its enough to pull up a hill in 3rd where the clio would struggle in 2nd unless your carrying speed

I wish I bought one when I was last looking instead of the c4. Was a top of the range ex demo, leather and diesel. Was a topper.

To drive obviously. Insurance is still not on a good level so pointless getting a good car yet so it'll do for a few years trouble free motoring

There's nothing bad about it at all, well made, comfortable, good ride quality ( has independent rear suspension like the focus) apart from the wheels ( my fault) no work has been needed whilst my Clio on similar miles would have been back to the garage 3 times already. Copes very well with my 260 miles round trip to work whilst having a really quiet engine at 70 and still having the pull to overtake without dropping down a gear.

This has just been in and out of the garage for some warranty work, drivers seat crash system had activated. Basically in a crash when you land back on the seat the headrest moves to catch your head and slow it down to lower the whiplash risk. Anyway my headrest had popped out. Booked it in took 2 hours came out with a brand new drivers seat no hassle or anything.

Wheels are getting sorted 1st week of September hopefully just undecided on the colour