ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little help please

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
right i came to start the car last night and it would not turn over. the lights were dim and kept going off completely if i tried to start it plus the fooking thing had to stay unlocked due to no power. now i tried jump starting it before and it would try to turn but there was still not enough power so i put it down to a fooked battery bought a new one connected it up all the electrics/lights work fine went to turn it over and it still won't start. anyone?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the igntion on?

im sure it was im going to check again later if not mate what could the problem be?. its just baffled me it was 100% fine before also if i turn the ignition on wait until the dash lights go out nothing happens it won't even turn over or anything. plus i did the fault thing on the display it shows a T. i might have a look at the tdc sensor when i can get it back on my drive

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

Pull the rear seat up first then try, can be hard to tell sometimes.

Does the little red dot in between the STOP and SERV light go out after a few seconds of the igition being on or does it stay on/flash rapidly?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
Will do that when I get back in a bit. No the red light stays on mate.

M

mini-valver

The red light stays on???

If so, its the immobilsor. Turn the igintion on and off a few times, lock and unlock the car a few times and keep trying. Eventually it'll work! You need the light to be going off after about 3-4 seconds!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
right ive tried all sorts and for some reason it still isn't working. ive just disconnected the battery again to see if that has any affect.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Sounds to me like the car wasn't recognising the immobilizer there for wouldnt let you start the car, weird that.