ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A moist day at Castle Combe

Last day of the season at Combe today so I dropped in for a short while, illness is causing problems with my camera holding abilities so it was a case of do the best I can in short bursts. Entertaining weather, seeing the rain start to come down whilst the monster Jags were racing was quite a sight, they would have put some drift events to shame!

A few pics...

386429223_wPinS-L.jpg

386434419_emtie-L.jpg

386432452_JhxQj-L.jpg

386456417_vqAZg-L.jpg

386457380_X8sia-L.jpg

386458586_cba33-L.jpg

386460679_qGsDH-L.jpg

386461374_dYhkq-L.jpg

386461992_xVd7y-L.jpg

386464659_ksXUz-L.jpg

A few more here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/6140062_Q7G9w

106 GTi
Great shots as ever Chris, BMW shot through the fence at Camp ?

Really wanted to get to Old Paddock for the Saloon race but time did not allow after a change of wets for Mr Charles.

Really wanted to get to Old Paddock for the Saloon race but time did not allow after a change of wets for Mr Charles.

Yes it was. first time I've ever tried it, didn't realise how close you could get to the fence so it worked quite well.

Old Paddock was very entertaining, a few of the Evos were completely sideways for a few seconds around there on every single lap. Jason Cooper was the star though, immense wet weather driver.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great shots, would quite happily have the second one on a canvass on my wall!

What setup are you using mate?

BMW picture is awsome, best of the bunch!

is there anyway of me getting the original file for that one?

photography on a budget.
I don't think there's such a thing. You kinda get hooked.

Nikon D50 and a Sigma 120-300mm 2.8. Camera was a bargain (about £100 off here), lens not so much, that cost £899.

Cheapest way in is something like a second-hand D50 (usually about £150) and a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 (about £90), with a lot of practice you can get results fairly similar to what I've posted above, particularly the panning shots which I could replicate pretty much exactly with the cheaper Sigma lens.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Think you looked at my Bike thread in this section, my 350D cost about 150 quid then i have a cheap sigma 70-300mm paid 80-90quid for it. And you can see the results i am getting :D

106 GTi

Yes it was. first time I've ever tried it, didn't realise how close you could get to the fence so it worked quite well.

Old Paddock was very entertaining, a few of the Evos were completely sideways for a few seconds around there on every single lap. Jason Cooper was the star though, immense wet weather driver.

One to try next year then :)

Love the GT pic