ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A month of VX220 ownership

Mate has a n/a which he has had supercharged.

It's awesome now it's s/c and flies, but I could never have one as a main car as they are just so damn unpractical, it would have to be a second car.

I'm 5ft8 and I have troubles getting in and out of it lol, so god knows how normal height people manage. Saying that my mate is just over 6ft and seems to cope.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im 5ft 10 and i honestly dont have any problems, there is deffo a knack to it, i find falling in is the best lol

no race type wheels here, im thinking of BBS Lms but they are like 2k so some saving required

I like your one, it looks a nice example, rabita's nice :)

I was looking at getting one (turbo though, which i'd mod or buy modded) if I were only having it from now till september i'd have one. I read loads on them & went along to a vx meet etc (went out in a few too) on a summers day with the roof off they are great :approve: the winter business is something I couldn't live with though :(
Also since I started looking (just on ph etc) only one has come along which fitted what I wanted (why on earth was something simple like central locking an option ??) plus finding a moonland grey one is quite hard.

- I do agree that getting in & out of one is an art form ! I'm only 5'11 & it's not that good for me.

im 5ft 10 and i honestly dont have any problems, there is deffo a knack to it, i find falling in is the best lol

no race type wheels here, im thinking of BBS Lms but they are like 2k so some saving required

:S Not sure on that, would have to see it though.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
similar to these but genuine BBS ones ( or replicas if i can find decent ones)

IMG_3136.gif

THESE

6.jpg

I like your one, it looks a nice example, rabita's nice :)

I was looking at getting one (turbo though, which i'd mod or buy modded) if I were only having it from now till september i'd have one. I read loads on them & went along to a vx meet etc (went out in a few too) on a summers day with the roof off they are great :approve: the winter business is something I couldn't live with though :(
Also since I started looking (just on ph etc) only one has come along which fitted what I wanted (why on earth was something simple like central locking an option ??) plus finding a moonland grey one is quite hard.

- I do agree that getting in & out of one is an art form ! I'm only 5'11 & it's not that good for me.

I'm 6'1 and didnt have any bother getting in, its the way you do it, there is a certain way imo. Also, I wouldn't get moonland again. Nice colour, but not for a VX, got to be black, yellow, red or blue.

The all black ones are just awesome looking.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Will they fit a VX? Offset is a bit wild? Also they will be staggered 8.5 - 9.5 which i think will be too wide for the front of the VX!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

5' 10"?

F*ck off! lol

You're the same height as me! :cool:

Turbos.
LMs.. waste of money for a road car. Offset is irrelevant though as there are probably infinite sizes you can choose from.

You could swap for Lotus hubs, they are made of cheese but lighter and it means you could have any Lotus wheel you like. There is a nice black OZ multispoke... similar to the SuperTurismo/SuperLeggera.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LMs.. waste of money for a road car. Offset is irrelevant though as there are probably infinite sizes you can choose from.

You could swap for Lotus hubs, they are made of cheese but lighter and it means you could have any Lotus wheel you like. There is a nice black OZ multispoke... similar to the SuperTurismo/SuperLeggera.

How so? And there isn't a huge range of Stud/hub and offset patterns for the LM/CH or CS...been there asked that question!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've seen the black one on there, I quite like it, but I don't really like them in black:S The moonland was at a stealers, he offered me 5k for the vee & nothing off the vx (15k) I lol'd then left.

- soz for the OT laura.

WHAT!!!!!! LOL....

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Will they fit a VX? Offset is a bit wild? Also they will be staggered 8.5 - 9.5 which i think will be too wide for the front of the VX!

id be looking at 7s and 8s, vx offset isnt too bad tbh, need to work things out but i have plenty of time haha,

5' 10"?

F*ck off! lol

You're the same height as me! :cool:

apparently i am, but i dunno lol, and im not as short as you thnaks lol

wont be swapping hubs and stuff, i can get the wheels i like in the vx fitment, well with corective bolts
not going down that multi spoke road, not my cup of tea at all, i quite like standard ones, just want something a bit more blingy and shiney for summer hehe

How so? And there isn't a huge range of Stud/hub and offset patterns for the LM/CH or CS...been there asked that question!

quite a limited selection tbh

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice wheels tho! I like that blue one...But my head just tells me "No" It's a race car not a posing car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Which bit ?? The stealers ?

yeh!! FFS! I'd rather He/She/It didn't give me a valuation!! 5k!

Thought you were getting an M3 also!...VX or M3....Bit like a Canoe & a yacht for comparison sakes! lol

I think the stealers was struggling tbh & wanted the cash for the vx with no part ex, hence why he didn't want the vee (he didn't look at it & told me on the phone he didn't want it, when I went along he said yeah worth 5k to me :rolleyes:) he sold elise's & s2000's, evo's etc. So i'm going with the fact that he wanted the readies instead of having them tied up in yet another car.

Yeah I know both cars are totally different, for the summer i'd like a vx, but I can't help feeling that I like cars with a bit of kit on them. Both cars have almost the same pace, which is what i'm looking for (obviously the vx will be a bit quicker once modded) i'm possibly going to be doing more driving this year, so would prefer to do it in a 'full car' if you see what I mean, so that's put pay to the vx idea (unless I only had one for a bit)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
well a few people asked me to do a bit of a write up on this, so here goes

ive had the vx for just over 4 weeks now, the 1st week i had it it snowed...
that was terrifing, having never owned a rwd car before it was fun haha, but as long as i didnt go above 20mph it was reet :)

snow = not good
heavy rain = not good

however in the few weeks i think we have had a handfull of dry days ans WOW words cannot describe how much i love this car, i even managed to get the roof off last weekend :)

the car is a world away from the clio, its only slightly faster in a straight line but corners is now where its at,

living with it day to day isnt practical ill be honest, its cold, its bumpy, its impossible to get out of with any kind of dignity, there is no where to put yout maccys drink as i found out at the weekend as it fell over all over the carpet, you have no glove box or anything like that to store anything at all, but being a girl i always have a bag with me so its nea a problem. but for all the impractibility of it i wouldnt swap it for the world.

:D

^^^ - quote of the thread. :)

Who needs to be all practical with a car, when it's just great to drive? I've never understand the view where functionality over-rules the desirability of a car.

Cars like this are more desirable, simply because they are loaded with impractical features - arguably making day to day ownership a bit of a chore. And most people can't cope with that. :cool:

D.

^^^ - quote of the thread. :)

Who needs to be all practical with a car, when it's just great to drive? I've never understand the view where functionality over-rules the desirability of a car.

Cars like this are more desirable, simply because they are loaded with impractical features - arguably making day to day ownership a bit of a chore. And most people can't cope with that. :cool:

D.

I can see your point, but a two seater rear engined tin like the VXs have no room for anything else other than you an a passenger. The clios have a balance between being quick, nice to drive, but the other day I put the seats down when moving a load of junk, and for the first time had someone in the back with all our luggage in the boot and everything was fine, theres inpractical and then theres impractical... However I would agree with you if you a regarding the VX as a second car which like an ariel atom/lotus/caterham are awesome drives, track capable & put a massive smile on your face, but when it comes to luggage and airport trips lol

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice car, I had one in europa blue for around 4 months.

Just not an everyday car and the dog didnt fit in it.