ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A "Perfect" Experience?

F82 M4
No mate, but I know the storyline pretty much. Ish. That also got great reviews.

Keep your eye open for the Steam sales again and look for the "Valve Complete Pack". All of Valves games and can usually pick it up for about £20 or so.

EDIT: I'd recommend playing Black Mesa (free download) which is basically Half Life 1 re-done with the Source engine. http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The only game I've bothered to finish in years is Far Cry 3.

It was just refreshingly different.l

Mito Sportiva 135
Good thread! Not necessarily perfect games, but games which I've loved and kept thinking about when not playing them for me would be:

Sonic 2
Micro Machines
Goldeneye
C&C: Red Alert
X-Com: Enemy Within
Halo 3
COD: MW2
Fallout 3
Mass Effect trilogy

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Mario Kart 64
Croc 2
Conkers Bad Fur Day

AK

M240i
To answer the OP, nope. No game has ever given me a 10/10 experience.

I actually prefer MP rather than SP anyway.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 for me

two games that I can truly say we're 10/10 and I just couldn't put them down.

Plus MGS3 has the boss 'The End' proper loved that part of the game I've played it over and over again. Proper tactical sniping

Yaris Hybrid
Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Galaxy were with the benefit of hindsight straight up no argument 10/10's for me although in Zelda's case I make allowances for the hardware limitations at the time.

The Last of Us was a 9 and not the 10 it got from many places due to iffy controls and repetitive memory test stealth game play.

Skyrim - the combat is very weak but the world and graphics are so great. Dungeons get a bit repetitive. Not a 10. Just a 9.0 in my mind.

Fiesta ST-3
Great thread!!

Dungeon Keeper is probably the one perfect game for me... I can't see me ever finding another game that'll keep me entertained from the original content 10-15-20 years on. I wouldn't have and still wouldn't change a thing about the whole experience of the game!

Counter Strike 1.6 and source came very close... Everything that was ever needed in a competitive FPS.

Some very good probably 9.9/10's for me over the years include

Mgs/mgs2
Theme hospital
The whole GTA series (especially 3/VC/SA)
Resident evil
Half life 2
Portal 1/2

And most recently

Skyrim
Dark souls (very very close to perfect - DS2 could well achieve it)

My perfect 10/10 would have to be Shenmue, that changed gaming. I recently played through it again but my save must have been corrupt as it wouldn't load the final disc at all :( Hope they make a HD remake for 360/PS3 as that would be incredible.

The other main one for me is Counter-Strike. I would put 1.1 as the perfect version as it still had proper bunny hopping in it which made the game a lot faster and the deagle wasn't so nerfed. There just hasn't been a game since that works so well as competitive FPS due to being able tell where and if bullets are hitting, the ability to learn the recoil of the guns and overcome it with skill and not luck all the time, the map designs haven't been beaten by any FPS since and the fact it was just an FPS that focused on that and not a load of technical crap to make it look pretty.

Others that are close:

THPS2
Minecraft
Portal 2 (9.9/10)
Tetris
Sonic The Hedgehog

FF 182
Perfect 10/10 game for me was Half Life 2 Deathmatch. Played it competitively for a Euro clan in Clans United League. Took real skill to master it, aiming and movement wise (bunny hopping ftw), and learning the maps. I was good, but there were a lot of players who were just insanely good, playing against them was futile. Actually flew to the Dam to meet up with a few members of my clan about 5 years ago, still speak to them on a regular basis and hoping to head out to Denmark this year to meet up again :)

SP games that were close imo to a 10/10 were Half Life 1&2, Far Cry 3 was very good, Goldeneye was amazing at the time and the original Tomb Raider.

A SHED!
For me double dragon, killzone 2 before they ruined it with no.3 and 4, which doesn't even have clans ffs. Metriod prime corruption, re1 and re2. Last of us, gta san adreas. All 10/10 for me.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Only one for me. Wasteland on the C64.

It was unlike anything else I played, sucked most of my free time in my mid-teenage years and created a backdrop that is used in many, many games up to the present day. When I realised that there was a Kickstarter campaign for Wasteland 2 - I pumped £100 into its development without really thinking about it. The follow-up won't be perfect, I know that. But I'll be looking forward to seeing how the background story develops and to see if a game in 2014 has the same pull as one from 1988.

The only other game that comes remotely close to perfection for me, was Dungeon Master on the Amiga. It needed the additional 512k memory expansion to run (the lucky buggers on the Atari ST got away without the memory upgrade) - but it set a very, very high and new standard for dungeon-crawler/RPG games. Many followed suit - the Eye of the Beholder series, the Wizardry series, Ultima Underworld series, etc - but none quite matched the original's WOW factor on release.

D.

Zelda OoT
Pokemon 1st Gen
Far Cry 3
Hitman: Absolution was very close, needed to be longer though.
To The Moon was a game I played last week and its an old school looking game but the story is immense, there were tears.

Can't think of any others really....

Not a big fan of multiplayers now, I hate people too much.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The only other game that comes remotely close to perfection for me, was Dungeon Master on the Amiga. It needed the additional 512k memory expansion to run (the lucky buggers on the Atari ST got away without the memory upgrade) - but it set a very, very high and new standard for dungeon-crawler/RPG games. Many followed suit - the Eye of the Beholder series, the Wizardry series, Ultima Underworld series, etc - but none quite matched the original's WOW factor on release.
I very nearly put this as an 'honourable mention' in my post, too... simply because I poured hours into FTL's Dungeon Master and loved it. I bought it for both my ST and Amiga... :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I very nearly put this as an 'honourable mention' in my post, too... simply because I poured hours into FTL's Dungeon Master and loved it. I bought it for both my ST and Amiga... :eek:

Faster Than Light? Legends - such a shame they were pretty much a one-hit wonder! The follow-up/expansion pack for DM just wasn't as good, imo.

C64 Jeez, There were some incredible games on that.. Driller, Solstice, Last Ninja, Turrican..

Classics! Got to include Wizball, Beach Head and Raid over Moscow in there too :)

I mentioned it in a post a while back about a track-day I went to years ago at Oulton Park. There was a Ferrari 360 completely coated in a System 3 and Last Ninja livery - which looked pretty smart, actually!

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
First game I loved:

Never did manage to complete it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1.8 Civic EX
Gotta love the c64. I remember playing some old snooker game possibly Jimmy White's, on it with my Granddad on a black and white tv lol. Not forgetting Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior. Just the box art was enough for a young boy ;)

FF 182
We weren't rich enough to own a C64, instead i got a Acorn Electron lol. Needless to say i used my mates C64 more than i did my Acorn. Barbarian i remember well, doing a 360 and chopping the other players head off, good times!

RS Clio 182
Id never give anything 10/10,be it game or movie,as nothing is 'perfect' imo....but some games from recent years i would give a very rare 9/10 would be Half Life 2,Bioshock & GTA V.

I could write quite a big list of my fave games hehe - all had different impacts on me throughout the years.