ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Pointless Mod Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
  328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Oh yep ur all so right it's amazing how clever u really are. Ill go home and take mine off tonight :) wow any mods I do from now on I'll run by you because ur the experts!!! lol!! Thank you Jesus for these fantastic people!

Nice one.

Who told you that it did stiffen the car up?

BMW 320D
Sarcasm seems to be hard for goons to detect :S and for not answer ur question like I said put 1 in learn how to take a bend and you'll notice an improvement. And for who told me it stiffness my car up no one as I know how my car drives myself and clearly feels more planted on the back once fitted. I don't need over opinionated take away delivery drivers to tell me about my car :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Or simple logic and physics. lol.

It's placebo.

A brace between two non-rigid points that aren't even part of the structure won't make any difference. Even the OP said it.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Some major fail occuring in this thread. Its embarrassing.

Members post how 'great' they are at driving, whilst in the same breath rubbishing their 'skills' by arguing the improvement a mod well known for adding zero benefit brings.

I can understand why people may want them in for how they look, and that is up to personal preference, but they add no benefit to the handling. In fact they add some weight, albeit minimal.

The Placebo effect methinks..

Some major fail occuring in this thread. Its embarrassing.

Members post how 'great' they are at driving, whilst in the same breath rubbishing their 'skills' by arguing the improvement a mod well known for adding zero benefit brings.

I can understand why people may want them in for how they look, and that is up to personal preference, but they add no benefit to the handling. In fact they add some weight, albeit minimal.

The Placebo effect methinks..

What are they actually made for then, as im guessing there not actually a sock hanger LOL. serious question btw.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They are supposed to add strength and ridigity (is that an actual word?) to a shell by bracing the strut tops. On some cars it works but not the Clio-Yo's

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
What are they actually made for then, as im guessing there not actually a sock hanger LOL. serious question btw.

21RearStrutBrace.jpg

This one would work, as it is mounted/welded to the actual shell of the car and would obviously stiffen the back end up.

I ssume the ones such as the one the OP has bought, are just for show to make it look like a race car. Bit like the K-tec 'show cage'. They even call it that themselves.

Last edited:
  387bhp RB Trophy SC
They do do something but its so slight on the clio rear braces that you would not notice it, I fitted one and it squeaked like hell round bends only proving that it does something under extreem stress, people who say it does absolute nothing is completely wrong. A front lower brace on a clio did nothing as is why whitline removed it from the market ages ago. Don't lissen to everyone on here dude most no verry little, they just like to think they do from previous reading, it makes me chuckle. But yes its better to get a weld in one tbh.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It squeaks like hell because it is pressing against the RUBBER BUSHES it is fixed too. It wouldn't squeak if it was welded in would it?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Amazing.

The ability of some to ignore educated opinions of others is astounding.

And FLOL at that 'straw' attached to two rubber bushes stiffening the rear up. Not a chance.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Amazing.

The ability of some to ignore educated opinions of others is astounding.

And FLOL at that 'straw' attached to two rubber bushes stiffening the rear up. Not a chance.

LOL. Funny, isn't it?

I liked the part where he said it made a difference.

387bhp RB Trophy SC
It squeaks like hell because it is pressing against the RUBBER BUSHES it is fixed too. It wouldn't squeak if it was welded in would it?

Correct but that just shows that there is quite alot of flex at the rear, I think im going to get a weld in one soon much better. My full cage made a big dif to the handaling.

clio 172
I recently fitted mine with an mdf strut brace from b&q and wow works great and was quite cheap cars is much stiffer

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Many chuckles, it seems each thread on CS at the moment can't help but deliver. Rear strut bracing is only effective if it is welded (like Craigus photo above) onto the actual shell, I.e the part of the car flexing under increased stress.

Cracks me up when people appear out of nowhere arguing against what is sound advice. I personally have nothing against people like the OP buying one if they are doing it for looks. Those who argue it makes a big or even noticeable performance difference are just misleading others, which annoys me somewhat.

A full cage will make a big difference in shell rigidity, so that is on my to do list. A non welded rear strut brace is not on the to do list.

clio 172
This site is just full of individuals with anger management problems, so they jump on here vent there anger at few members and then call down to there mums to see if they are allowed to stay over a friends house pmsl very funny actually

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
This site is just full of individuals with anger management problems, so they jump on here vent there anger at few members and then call down to there mums to see if they are allowed to stay over a friends house pmsl very funny actually

Lol, what?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Crowns? You are just as thick as the other Essex boy in here. I'm seeing a trend develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.