ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A productive day/week!

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
I guess I should have had a project thread really, but it doesn't seem worth it, only made a few changes.

Well, in the hope that the Bank Hol will stay nice, I've spent some time on the missus's Clio today. We've already put new (Ph2) rear lights on, gotten a Dynamique spoiler and a pair of new front headlights (as the others were so matte/yellowy). We had to have a small blister done on the front of the drivers sill and a tiny bubble done on the rear arch this week, so we thought we'd have the spoiler colour coded, and we picked up some blue colour-coded mirrors from the scrappers last weekend which we'd get done too.

We got the car back yesterday, and are dead chuffed with it, and thought that as the new parts have been fitted, it's time to give the car it's first proper detail of the year! So, here's a few pics of parts fitted/clean car. She's come up really nice considering she's nearly 11 years old...

Old headlights/mirrors:
IMG_8679.jpg

New spoiler:
DSC01049.jpg

Spoiler finished/mirror casings:
IMG_8707.jpg

FNew headlights/mirrors fitted:
IMG_8717.jpg

Spoiler/lights fitted:
IMG_8723.jpg

Clayed/Waxed:
IMG_8725.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

IMG_8728.jpg

So, it's all clean ready for a nice Bank Holiday weekend now...just waiting for it to rain as it's cleaned -- so if it does, sorry! We've just got one last job to do now and thats getting it lowered. We've got some 40mm springs, but my mate (mechanic) is going to do it for us when he's got some time. Then it's no more car spending money, back to house saving...

Think she's look ok though. I'm quite pleased with her anyway! More pics of the car can be found here.

Dan

Last edited:
  Clio 197 08
Lovely looking motor that! Wouldnt no it was 11 years old! Definately needs lowering but apart from that doesnt need any more money! Looks mint!

BG182®
Have yet to see that colour before. Really like it and it looks in great nick for its age too. Top stuff.

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
fogs next?

I'd love fogs but the wiring isn't there for them -- I did look in a scrapped Clio the other week to trace the wiring back to the cabin, and then under the dash, but it was too complicated. Gutted really, as I think fogs would set the front end off a treat. And I'm a stickler for things being done right, I couldn't just fit them and then stick a separate switch in...

Cheers for the good comments though! Oh, and if my 'jobbies' were that orange, I'd def lay off the Ruby's or get to the Drs! :lol:

Got a couple of snaps this evening as the lighting was ok...

ClioBW.jpg

IMG_8793.jpg

IMG_8752.jpg

Desperate to get it lowered now though! Might have a bash myself...but the suspension is quite important...do I dare mess about with it :lol:

Flame Red Delight
na definately dont do springs if you arent sure what you are doing mate, also can i ask how much it cost to get all the colour coding done?

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
The colour coding was done at my Uncles garage, so didn't cost alot ;) Wouldn't know where to start pricing a job up like that...

Flame Red Delight
i would definately recommend a set of dual optics aswell mate, also what wax and clay you use?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
unusual colour but quite like it! looks very clean for its age

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
looks really tidy that mate ! nice wee drop n it will be spot on ! need to get mines colour coded sometime !

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Looks very tidy fella,

do the lowering yourself, the rear is much easier than the front tbh, get a mate round who probably knows what he is doing to lend you a hand, theres a guide on here if you get stuck, but its preety much simple to do...

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
She'll be well pleased with the comments -- thanks very much :D

We're not quite sure what colour it is. The guy who buys the paint get's it from elsewhere, and this particular company call's it 'Orange Nash', but I know they called my old car 'Super White', but it was actually 'Glacier White'. Matches spot on though. Will have to take a trip to Renault, although I'm pos. I read 'Coco-cobana Orange' or something...

With regards to the Dual Optics, I'd love a set, but it's a no go-I forked out £60 on these, and they're new. I would have had DO, but never had the cash when they were about. Maybe in the distant future...

With regards to lowering, I did lower my 480 T myself, but that was a good 4 years ago now, and I've not really done anything like that for a long while...I'll give my mate a hand when he's ready to do it.

Cleaning products, I'm a stickler for Auto Glym. Always have used it, always get good results. I know on Detailing World AG gets a bit of a slating, but on all the cars I've had, it's always made them come up so nice. Plus I take the time to look after my cars anyway, they get washed/waxed very regularly... The claybar i use is a Meguiars one, but I'm going to try something different next: not sure what, just fancy a change! Had about 10 Meggys ones, so thought i'll try something else next time.