ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A question for those with spacers...

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Hey All,

I fitted a set of 25mm bolt to hub spacers this weekend, but soon realised they where not going to work with the wheels I was planning (euro cup racer 2118's).

Basically the spacer itself has a little lip, where the center shaft meets the face of the spacer (see pictures below). As my wheels have a completely flat mounting surface to the hub, the wheel wont sit flush on the spacer.

20130224_125626.jpg20130224_125614.jpg

The question I have is, are all spacers like this? Or do fk or eibach spacers for example not have this little 'join'?

Thanks in advance guys,

Alex

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Damn it,

The joys of having two windows open.

Can a admin or a moderator please move this too the suspensions, wheels and tyres section please?

Alex

Audi A5
That raised part comes on all 'proper' spacers. If the 2118's in question will fit to your car then they will fit them spacers.

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Hey Bobby,

The 2118's do Indeed fit my car without the spacers, however the hubs on the car do not have that little ledge.

Just to check that we are talking about the same part, I have outlined it below:

20130224_125626.jpg

Cheers,
Alex

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Just done a little more digging, and it looks like the eibach spacers have this lip (as highlighted above) recessed into the spacer, leaving a completely flat mounting surface on the spacer for the wheel to bolt to.

Can anyone with eibach spacers confirm if that is true or not?

I have attached a picture below, but its quite small and hard to see but hopefully what I have said makes sense.

mE8rqZllYw7jPUoh2UbQtdA.jpg

Thanks,
Alex

Last edited:
  172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Hi Mate,

Yea I have mounted the wheels to the spacers, but you can visibly see when you are trying to tighten the bolts up the wheel moving in and out as its resting on this lip.

I bought the spacers from Dan @ MAD on here, and they work great with the standard wheels (as they have a recess already in the wheel) but they seem incompatible with my cup racer 2118's.

Alex

02 Clio 172
My mates got a set of H&R spacers and 2118's and they are fine. I've never seen them off so can't tell you if they have the chamfer (the bit you're calling the lip) I'll get him to look at this thread and let you know.

RS6 C7
Hi mate,

The lip is needed to support the spigot, Most of the high end spacers have this lip as without it there is a high chance of the spigot part of the spacer failing, I think H&R do a spacer without the lip, I wouldn't personally be happy putting a spacer on my car without that extra lip there as the amount of material left is not sufficient (IMO & People who work for us)

The spacers fitted all the wheels we tested them on (Turinis, F1's & standard 172 wheels) I think some of the aftermarket wheels such as the 2118's have a smaller chamfer so our spacers will not be compatible.

Just send them back to us for a full refund mate :)

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
Hey Dan,

Thats very kind of you :).

I can see what you mean regarding the thickness of the material not being sufficient, but looking at the eibach spacers (google images, I haven't seen them in person) that lip seems to be recessed in to the spacer slightly. So you still have the strength but the mounting surface is completely flush.

Alex

2x 172 cups
I have Sparco 20mm hubcentric spacers on my ph2 cup with euro spec 2118's and they work fine!
They also have a chamfer for support.
hope this helps.