ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Sad Day In The Saner House (No 56K)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
First of all, an update! I have in the past couple of weeks gone for some new tyres all round, colour coding, splitter and stuff! Bad Pic but she looked like this:

P1010015.gif

I say 'looked' cause on the way back from uni yesterday, I dit my best to miss a muppet of a driver (she is at fault at least) and mounted the kerb.

P1010020.gif

P1010019.gif

Where my car hit hers ^^

Also oddly enough the rear has had some damage, firts pic is the left, second right:

P1010021.gif

P1010022.gif

Thrills and Spills huh, cause just after i get home on teh back of a flat bed, my Dad turns up...

P1010017.gif

P1010018.gif

A woman in her 4x4 had reversed into in the train station car park.. had shifted his car 2 feet.. thats alot of car!

May I add that both women have accepted full resposiblity.

We think both cars are write -offs.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
thanks! I hope it gets sorted aswell.. i don't think i could replace this car with another clio!

btw. i've also done my utmost not to have ago a women drivers! Just think we enconted 2 of the worse in one night!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
unreal mate. sorry to hear that you have both had bad luck.

give my best to your old man

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
thanks, Andy, Northy.

Its a real kick in the teeth, but hey, maybe this is the excuse to get a mk1 eh?

EvilJohn, I think thats the light playing atrick, looking out my window i just seems to ne pushed forward.. heres hoping if can be saved.. as i said.. what can i replace it with.. the chances of finding another bright green one (which is what i lovce the most about it) are slim

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Noooo! Not the Green Sheep!

That was looking great Jon, really like the way the Mk2 bumpstrips came out.

Difficult to know how much damage has been done behind that wheel, but i'd be suprised if it's written off really. If it is buy it back and fix it, cant be that much to fix with bits from a breakers.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Nik said:
Noooo! Not the Green Sheep!

That was looking great Jon, really like the way the Mk2 bumpstrips came out.

Difficult to know how much damage has been done behind that wheel, but i'd be suprised if it's written off really. If it is buy it back and fix it, cant be that much to fix with bits from a breakers.

COuld you explain how that works exactly?

Would that mean i have to pay the vaule of the car in its current state, AND pay for the reapiars! plus would it not also become Cat C-D?

Oh and the bumpstrips look great, was a top idea Nik!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I Hate green cars with a passion, but that looks (looked?!) mint!
Terrible shame that mate, looks like you put a lot into that.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If you were to buy it back then it would be cat d because its light damage. What happens I think is they buy your car off you for market value and then you buy it for much cheapness back and pay for repairs out of teh money tehy gave you. Remember they always quote for reno official parts brand new from a dealer and then top whack bodyshop repairs. Hope it doesnt come to it.
Ive decided if i keep my car I need turinis!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Saner said:
Could you explain how that works exactly?

I've never been in that situation myself, but i believe it works like this.

Insurance company write of the car and offer you say (random figures!) £4000 as a payout. You say you want to buy the car back, so they deduct the salvageable value of the car (say £1200) from your pay out.

So you then have your car back in its current state, and a cheque for £2800 to fix it.

No idea on actual figures, but if you can get replacement parts fairly cheaply, and avoid paying silly body shop labour rates you should be able to come out of it in a good position.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
As far as I know Cat. D shouldn't affect the cost of insurance on the car (although you have to tell them) and doesn't need a VIC (Vehicle Identity Check) to be carried out as other categories do.

Octavia VRS
Sorry to hear that Saner, really liked your car. Was looking spot on. Hope you can get it sorted

Golf GTI 1.8T
ahh man your car was looking great too, love those bumpstrips. Are they the sports skirts that you got off of subway on there? What happened exactly, how was it her fault if your car hit hers?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
she turned right out of a no right turn road, her lock couldn't get her round so i had to try and mis her! Those are the skirts from Subway!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Saner said:
she turned right out of a no right turn road, her lock couldn't get her round so i had to try and mis her! Those are the skirts from Subway!

Oh I see shes proper 100% in the wrong there.
Have you got any clearer pics of your car with those skirts as I might get some from him next year. Guess you had a bodyshop spray and fit them too?

Clio 197
B@lls...

Bad coincidence!

Hope it can be fixed, and restored to its former glory.

Don't forget to give it a good wash & wax, inside & out - to try and get the max £££.

Oms.

A well built VW
Shame

WHy did you put the turinis back on ? At least they'll get a refurb Doesnt look too bad lets hope they can fix her for you

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
The Big Yin said:
Shame

WHy did you put the turinis back on ? At least they'll get a refurb Doesnt look too bad lets hope they can fix her for you

the reason the turini's were off was they needed new rubber so as soon as they had some 215/40 (handled like a dream the few days theyd been on) i pput them back, but also the handling on the 14's as low as it was was just appaling!

Picked up my courtsey car yesterday.. Chevey Matiz.. oh yeah!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
dalecoles2005 said:
where did u get them turinis from then? cos im lookin to getin a set for my clio?

Got those from a membe on here. But that was about a year ago. there harder to find nowadays

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Mike@Rentech said:
No way mate, was looking mint the other day as well )-:

After all the work that you and myself have put in on this car its truely daming. I'm sure the SHeep will live some how!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Bonnet
Wing
Light
Thigymabob
Wheel
Tyre
Wishbone
Suspension
and other stuff under the front.

But i'm with you I don't want it written off!