ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Tenner Well Spent

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Hi everyone, following on from my previous thread
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122747

I got my fuel rail guard back from the finishers this morning and am very impressed with the result. Especially for the cost of a tenner.
After 3 hours of wet n dry, sore fingers and bleeding cuts I decided it was not worth the hassle. I know now i would never have got as good a result by myself.
So here is the before pic after 3 hours of wet n dry and the after pic back from the metal finishers.
Whats you thought?
Rob

Attachments

• Fuel Rail 005.jpg
    Fuel Rail 005.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 242
  • Fuel Rail 004.jpg
    Fuel Rail 004.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 174
was worth more than a tenner!!!
looks mint - really good shine
any idea how he did it?
did he give you a price for the manifold/plenham

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
that looks fooking good! did they put it on a buffing wheel?i want my inlet manafold done!how much u recon?

Last edited:

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
timsclio172 said:
was worth more than a tenner!!!
looks mint - really good shine
any idea how he did it?
did he give you a price for the manifold/plenham
iv gotta get this done! i wonder how long it takes to fade?

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
He didnt go into the grooves on the top as it is a bit more tricky. Looking at it I may go back and get them done too.

I asked him about the cost of having the inlet manifold polished chrome and he said £25, however the lettering would be tricky to get into so rather than try and chrome in between the lettering he could just remove the rough grain and make it smooth. As it might take some on the edges of the lettering off.
So the result would be chromed inlet tubes and lettering and the flat part of the manifold which the lettering on would be smoothed to give a bit of contrast. All for £25. He say he can do it in an hour or so. However I'm now after a spare inlet manifold for my 172 so I can still use the car while it gets polished and afterwards ported.

Not sure what tools he used, just has a big workshop buffing wheels and alsorts.

Rob

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
timsclio172 said:
its the plenham you want - not the inlet manifold.

Is the plenham the bit with Renaulsport written on it and the 4 tubes coming off it? If so thats what I meant by inlet manifold. Sorry if i'm being a dumbass.

Rob

dont worry Rob - yeah it is the bit with reanult sport written on it - remember I was telling you I had bought a spare to poilsh up?

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
makavelli said:
what kinda places do this work? what would they be under in the yellow pages??? metal polishers?

I just searched for Metal Finshers in google. But look for metal finishers in yellow pages.

VRS
racing182 said:
how easy is it to remove these parts from th engine? do you need to be a mechanical to put it back together?

two 10mm bolts hold the fuel rail cover on, 30second job to remove and put on (just a bit fiddly)

a few more bolts hold the plenham (inlet manifold) on but only takes a couple of mins to take off (just be careful not to mess up the shape of the gasket when you take the plenham off)

:D

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Anybody got any pics with the plenham/manifold off ?? Do you use the same gasket or get a new one ? I once read a thread a while back about using high temp silicone grease on the gasket when putting it all back together to ensure a good seal .

MrBillyUK !

Tesla MP3 2021
very nice mate.
shiney!!!!!.

not bad for £10..mite get mine done somewhere..im dead lazy:)

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Just put it back on the car. Oh dear, I definately need the plenham and the engine mount doing now. Gonna paint the top small grooves of the fuel rail guard black as seems a ball ache to get them polished.
Here is a pic with it on the car.

Anyone got a spare plenham for sale??

Rob

Attachments

• Fuel Rail 009.jpg
    Fuel Rail 009.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 109
  182, GTR, C63
The b****cks that. I know a metal polisher and he does anything also kerbed alloys. Filthy job polishing though, must be tiring.