ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A tidy macro lense to add to my collection!

Mental 172 Cup
Right I'm off to Dubai next week and whilst I'm over there I'm gonna buy a lense for my Nikon D3000.

What is a good macro lens?

What focal length?

I've been looking at these telephoto lenses with macro function are these any good??

Budget I'm not gonna go to mad but depends what you get for your money!

Any ideas please??

Many thanks

Luke

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Ideally you should look at 50 or 100mm's are the best to go for. Main reason, you can get a proper 1:1 mag out of em. :)

Mental 172 Cup
Those are both fixed lenses I take it??

I was thinking 50mm

It it worth the extra to go 100mm??

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
100mms are great I find, bit more distance between you and your subject, means less chance of shadowing and more opportunity to throw light around via a flash.

If you have a look at most dedicated macro lenses, all fixed focal. No need to zoom.

Nimbus 197
I have the Nikkor 105mm Micro lens. I rate it very highly, very sharp lens! If you plan on doing proper macro work, you should look for a lens that offers a 1:1 magnification ratio.

Mental 172 Cup
Can anyone post any links?? I'm kinda new to photography and lenses in general! I don't know about 1:1 magnification etc!! HELP ;)

better off buying a lens IMHO

consider the Nikon AF-S 85mm f3.5 G ED VR DX Micro

Right I'm off to Dubai next week and whilst I'm over there I'm gonna buy a lense for my Nikon D3000.

What is a good macro lens?

What focal length?

I've been looking at these telephoto lenses with macro function are these any good??

Budget I'm not gonna go to mad but depends what you get for your money!

Any ideas please??

Many thanks

Luke