ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a v.near miss!

on my way to work early this mornin (and i mean early, 5:30!) i was cruisin on the A2 at about 70mph on the inside lane when i saw a damn fox standing on the middle lane. As i approached he looked at me and tried to dart accross my path. Instinctively i swerved right to miss it, but going at 70mph that isnt a good idea - my back end came round and i was putting opposite lock on but that just brought the other side out. You can imagine what i looked like going sideways across the three lanes! Anyway, as soon as my mind caught up with my reflexes i managed to get it under control, but it still snaked another 6times either side before i could straighten the damn thing.

Its without doubt the scariest thing ive ever done in my (V. UNULCKY) car - i was very close to hitting the central reservation, and i would not like to think of the state of my car (and me) if id done that.

Damn wildlife - im giong out tonight with my air rifle for revenge :mad:

Skoda Fabia vRS

i saw a fox last night on a roundabout on an A road, went straight across the road in front of me, i didnt even think of swervin, all wildlife tends to run from the noise of my car hehe

Mini Cooper S JCW

wow, dayjarvou (spelling).

i got a phone called at 4am this morning, from my mate, anyway to cut the story short.....he swerved to miss a fox, but ended up hitting a free, rolling, and now hes in hospital with internal pains :eek:

i going to visit him later... :confused:

Skoda Fabia vRS

this is really weird, seems loads of Foxs were out to cause clio havoc last night/this mornin !

we dont have a problem with foxes, it seems that skipjacks (little deer) take a liking to standing in the middle of an unlit dual carriageway at night (the only time you can actally see them is when they turn to look at you and their eyes reflect your headlights)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

pheasents (SPELLING)

are the big pain in the arse around here within a 60 mile area there must be like 90 farms that breed them, my step dad hit 1 the other morning on his way to work when he got home (he has a bmw estate thingy ) there was a hole in the front grille we both looked to find half the bird still in there :O

they just dont seem to fly they just stand there or walk away.

MaLicE

hey i reckon i had a lucky outcome though - if id hit it then id have got a dent in my bumper, but as it goes everything it cool with it!

but i aint swerving next time... ;)

My mate bought an MR2 turbo a couple of months ago and within a few weeks of driving it he had written off a badger down some country lanes! Hit it at about 60mph and it ripped his bumper to shreds.....

silver valver/hybrid

i find drunks the most nuisence! my girlfriend had to swerve one last night cus they stepped out into the road facing away from us.

Pheasants are deaf so its best to flash them if you can. Had one burst all over the front of my old Nova a few years ago, it improved the cars looks no end, in fact it had to be the only modification that hadnt been done to a Nova at the time.

Havent hit anything since though

stu

My advice is just to hit them at speed and keep going, u will only hurt yourself if u try to avoid them. My last car was a SAAB 9-3 turbo and that took out 4 foxes and I think 1 rabbit, not even a scratch on the car just needed to be jet washed.

i heard yesterday from my ex (stil talkin;)) that her best mates dad did what i did and DIED rolling into a ditch. sh*t, i was lucky.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Alright m8, glad to hear ur ok!! have u got ur car fixed from last time?? if u had lowered it, i think u maybe betta off ;). So have u taken out all the dents?? talk 2 u soon

Hon

dents STIl aint out yet mate, only getting the damage from the ice incident done on tuesday so thats one thing out of the way!

when you back next? i text u the other day, 2 see if youre going to the rolling road day - i take it youre not though, u never text back you bastad!

give us a bell when you get this,

speak to u later

Years ago (i.e. when I was about 12) I was with my dad on a dual c/way (the one near Symonds Yat for the South Wales members). We were passed by a Comma minibus. Seconds later it turned right, then turned left and fired off the road, up a steep embankment. It came to a halt, then tipped over, rolling back down towards the road, spilling people out of the side windows and rolling over them. I think several people died. The driver had swerved to avoid a rabbit.