ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A weekends worth of strippage!

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
I've recently had a abit of extra time off work lately so have had plenty of long weekends over the last month. My cup is pretty stripped out as it is but decided to take it to the next level. Its still going to be used as a road car so im not going too mad. Hopefully i should be having itb's fitted towards the end of the month. So i fitted a vw polo rad and small racing fan so ive got plenty of space for longer trumpets. I also removed the upper and lower dash, heater matrix, last of the dash sound deadening, dash bar, fog lights and loom, carbon canister, all the crap behind the front bumper and started removing the extra brackets with a spot weld drill. Im after a set of polycarbs for the front and will eventually trim the loom and remove the powersteering. Fingers crossed i should get it below 850Kg!

Here's a few pics of my handy work :approve: :

2011-05-01133605.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-05-01133549.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-04-30172915-1.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-04-30172929.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-04-30172940.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-04-30172951.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-05-01133645.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-05-01133634.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-05-01133653.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-05-01133706.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-05-02202827.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-05-222053191.jpg
[/IMG]

Ohh Ok Lol, you got me thinking for a while hahah! I bet its sweet to drive! Plus Itb`s mental!

Should be getting the itb's by the end of the year to go with the catcam 428's I already have fitted.. Then it will be mental! :evil:

Which ITBs are you fitting? The KTR`s with the Gen 90 Plug and Play or custom with Omex?

Im going to be going for the TDF Setup with EC1 ecu. Had my car mapped with the 428's by Matt and cant fault his work.

Im going to be going for the TDF Setup with EC1 ecu. Had my car mapped with the 428's by Matt and cant fault his work.

Awesome! You guys are lucky to have a lot of pros that really know their stuff with clios mapping etc! I live in Costa Rica and no one knows a s**t about mapping Clios etc.

850kg is light!! I'm at about 980 at the minute, still got standard front seats and dash in thought but after that I think its going to have to start cutting panels haha

Whats it like on the road now? I've removed alot from mine now but still have the dash and headlining.

Would love to do the same as you but as its my daily I think it could be too much!

Whats it like on the road now? I've removed alot from mine now but still have the dash and headlining.

Would love to do the same as you but as its my daily I think it could be too much!

Its not really any louder than it was before i removed the dash. But i've been pretty used to it now so im probably deaf! lol.

I've already got an odyssey 680 battery! :approve:

Golf GTD Mk7

Mines down there at the mo getting it fitted with 421s and itb's :) should be getting it back Saturday.
850kg is ambitious mate, think you may struggle. Get some smaller wheels to help ;)

Mines down there at the mo getting it fitted with 421s and itb's :) should be getting it back Saturday.
850kg is ambitious mate, think you may struggle. Get some smaller wheels to help ;)

Should be ok with my 15" Ultraleggeras! :rasp: Hopefully i can get as close to 850kg as possible.

Good strippage, however working with your car up on two trolley jacks is not cool! (picture 3) Invest in some axles stands lol

Thanks! But if you look closely at pic 6 you can just make out the bottom of a pair of jack stands. Its just the angle pic 3 was taken at you cant see them!