ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Wet wet wet day @ Castle Combe

106 GTi
A full Gallery of the Castle Combe Saloons racing at the Caterham Carnival on Monday - http://www.richtreen.co.uk/events/cc_26_may_2008/

Cheers

Rich

Few of my faves:

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know this sound stupid, but that looks Really wet. As in sopping dripping wet.

Fair play to you sitting out in that mate, I cried off last minute! lol

Did Ajec Racing smash his Evo up again?? I've watched it three times and three times he's smashed his car up!

106 GTi
Brilliant pics Rich!

What lens did you use? :)

Matt

Cheers Matt - Canon 300m f4 Prime on my old 350D both of which got very wet, need a plastic bag and really need a filter for the 300mm it to use on wet days.

I know this sound stupid, but that looks Really wet. As in sopping dripping wet.

Fair play to you sitting out in that mate, I cried off last minute! lol

Did Ajec Racing smash his Evo up again?? I've watched it three times and three times he's smashed his car up!

No he finished !!!!!

Norris finished too but got lapped !

I only got the camera out for the Saloon Race and Qualifying it was not much fun. Wettest day I have seen there there where puddles at Boobies which looked like a water splash when the cars went through them. I forgot a coat and luckily my mate had a spare - doh !!!!

Worse bit was the wind with it, I nearly blew away walking to Westway to take the race pics.

IMG_1056.jpg

LY182/NHB CTR
excellent pictures as always.. and as said on here already hat off to you for sitting out there in the cold and wet taking pictures that is true commitment.

You make me look bad mate, I'm 16 miles down the road and cried this one off! Looking at the pics that's possibly the smallest Combe crowd for many years.

Super pics, all the more so considering the rain (and in particular the wind), the Tony Hutchings TT shot is the pick for me, that Westway angle works brilliantly in the rain.

106 GTi
I don't have far to go when my mates put me up overnight in Bristol!

Never know it so windy there, walking round Camp was an experience.

Cheers Chris - I could have done with the 1.4 on to get a touch more reach, but there was no way I was walking back to the paddock to get to it. Then on the other hand 300mm was then to long when I was trying to avoid getting the Marshall's post in the way! As much as I love the prime, I may need to get a long zoom, or revisit the 70-200 with the 1.4 on it.

Megane Trophy
No Cat pics! :(

Weather was awful, I was cold and soaked by the end of it and had a pretty busy day with repairs on brand new bloody cars!

106 GTi
Unfortunately not, until I sort some wet wether protection for it the camera spent most of the day in the car :(

182 ff silver
i stayed for 2 hours had three jumpers on and a coat and every one was soaked through! so so wet! the caterhams were brilliant tho, dont think they stayed in a straight line once!

106 GTi
Missing in action :(

Poor showing Baron, although it wouldn't been the same if you weren't sharing it with me ;)

lol - true - wind would have killed the brolly anyway :(

i stayed for 2 hours had three jumpers on and a coat and every one was soaked through! so so wet! the caterhams were brilliant tho, dont think they stayed in a straight line once!

They where awesome to watch, can't believe how twitchy they looked just going through Westway.

Looking good mate! Is days like this I am thankfull for weatherproofed Body and lenses :D

The lense should be ok, though I need a filter as I am worried about wiping the Glass all the time.

Tiffen and Hoya are what I tend to use, though B+W are excellent also. 7 day shop do a tiffen starter kit - UV, Circular polariser, Warming filter and carry case - which is pretty good value for money. for 58mm it was £18

106 GTi
I have a Hoya one for the 70-200, never used it though. It is to small for the 300 though.