ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A1 performance oil

Black n gold 182 cup
Righte-o been looking around for some oil to do a change, Halfords only do their own 5w 40 full synthetic oil so been looking more and found some a1 performance full synthetic oil anybody used it before, don't want to stick it in the car and it be pony oil!!!!!

cheers

200bhp 172 cup
personally i wouldn't use anything other than sylkolene, mobil 1, etc, but then im fussy about oil as i work with it and i know exactly what sh!t oil does to an engine over time

Da

Less
For the cost, which isn't much to be fair, I'd only ever use a well known brand personally.

Black n gold 182 cup
Same here I do oil changes every 3-4 000 miles and on my old car I ALWAYS used gtx magnatec but can't seem to find any 5w40 in any of my car shops... halfords only had their own brand nothing else and it is a big store!

200bhp 172 cup
Same here I do oil changes every 3-4 000 miles and on my old car I ALWAYS used gtx magnatec but can't seem to find any 5w40 in any of my car shops... halfords only had their own brand nothing else and it is a big store!

wrong oil and wrong grade its only a semi synthetic but you could have bought worse i suppose.

ph2 172
need to buy some oil for my ph2 172, search function not working just wondered what everyone uses? and the right grade etc. cheers.

Black n gold 182 cup
need to buy some oil for my ph2 172, search function not working just wondered what everyone uses? and the right grade etc. cheers.

You should be using 5w40 fully stnthetic that is what my 182 cup runs on so yours should be the same!