ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A1 Quattro!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My God. For my burning hatred of 90%-everything Audi related, is there a small glimmer of potential in this car? I really do like it - something different, something that stands out rather than a smattering of f**king S-Line badges that every other four-ringed wh0re thinks is so essential.

As bozo says above - shame it's not a 5-pot, but I guess we can't have everything. If they did a hardcore version and ditch most of the interior, that would give it genuine Hero Status imo. I think that might be a step too far for most people though. An Audi with a stripped interior? Ewwwww.... ;)

Good effort though guys - 7/10 for effort alone. Loving the rarity too.

D.

I think it look's great, but it's a shame that most of the people who will buy them will lock then up in garages as an investment. I bet it's a seriously capable car too!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Personally, i like the stupidity of it.

Yes, the styling isnt to everyones taste, yes it is expensive, yes, its a bit of a c*nts car as its an Audi.

BUT. Its a 'supermini' with 250bhp & '4wd'.

With £1500 spent on it its a 330bhp car (map etc) with a RWD bias to the rear wheels on WOT (Haldex controller).

In a small(ish) car thats going to be quite amusing.

At the end of the day, some people love BMW's (me), so id probably still have a 1M. But some people want a silly fast, unusual Audi that will no doubt still be worth £35k in 3 years time. In the same way that some others want to spend £20k on a clio thats worth 10p in 3 years time.

Horses for courses, etc. I applaud them for making it, just like when Renault make the Clio V6 and/or R26.R.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
And there it is!

Oh and Harry Metcalfe did explain why people buy expensive Audi for eg, he had an RS5 for a while. They want their Wives/Children etc to feel comfortable and safe whilst still keeping up with the Jones', on the weekend the husband can rag the ass off it to a stupid level.

These are the type of people that buy fast Audis. The A1Q isn't a good example because it's more an enthusiasts car but people who are petrolheads but still love that Audi touch would love one.

Fruity exhaust and the above from Dave, the car would be mental and useable.

And there it is!

Oh and Harry Metcalfe did explain why people buy expensive Audi for eg, he had an RS5 for a while. They want their Wives/Children etc to feel comfortable and safe whilst still keeping up with the Jones', on the weekend the husband can rag the ass off it to a stupid level.

These are the type of people that buy fast Audis. The A1Q isn't a good example because it's more an enthusiasts car but people who are petrolheads but still love that Audi touch would love one.

Fruity exhaust and the above from Dave, the car would be mental and useable.

I disagree. Most of my friends/family/etc bought fast Audis because of the option of 4x4 in a saloon/estate/hatchback, rather than a RangeRooney. Cheshire gets snow, we're the only ones that move about, unless you count the Cheshire mum's brigade (X5s, Cayennes etc).

Next door neighbours chopped in their M3 and Porsche C2S for a TTRS and RS5 for the "fast, quality, 4x4" reasoning.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Wonder if it'll handle as bad as an RS3?

If so, poor choice (considering its 45k).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I disagree. Most of my friends/family/etc bought fast Audis because of the option of 4x4 in a saloon/estate/hatchback, rather than a RangeRooney. Cheshire gets snow, we're the only ones that move about, unless you count the Cheshire mum's brigade (X5s, Cayennes etc).

Next door neighbours chopped in their M3 and Porsche C2S for a TTRS and RS5 for the "fast, quality, 4x4" reasoning.

I think that's what I said dude.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Do not want.

That is one of the ugliest Audi's I've ever seen. I get the rarity thing, but that's it. The wheels are particularly horrid. All IMO.

Turbos.
Think people are being harsh here. I thought it was a great looking concept car that harked back to the now retro days of Audi's rallying history. Yes, if you put it with the background of a miserable day in the UK surrounded by 'normal' cars, it looks out of place. But then i think just about any white car looks ridiculous over here because, the reality is, we aren't in sunny California. Yet in isolation, i appreciate they look good.

Also, i don't see anyone having a go at the Focus RS, which is equally outlandish.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
But to me, the Focus RS is aggressive all over. This, however, looks like they let Darth Vader style it, then they let fisher price fit the finishing touches. For me at least, it just doesn't work.

Maybe something harsh, like fiat 500 essesse wheels, would fix it?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
But to me, the Focus RS is aggressive all over. This, however, looks like they let Darth Vader style it, then they let fisher price fit the finishing touches. For me at least, it just doesn't work.

Maybe something harsh, like fiat 500 essesse wheels, would fix it?

Wheels are best bit! Minus them centre caps.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
My god that is f**king dreadful looking.
As said before, only seems to be sought after due to the Low production numbers.

If you went to pick someone up in that they would pretend they didn't know you.

Sent from my far better looking white wheelie bin.