ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aaaaaarrrrgghhh!

Problem number 9999999999999 My car just seized coz there is a leak in one of my water hoses and the engine over heated due to the lack of water - just managed to limp back to work - is it just a matter of filling it back up and trying to find the leak when i get home? help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, stupid, arse of a car!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Dont let it over heat as youll warp the head. Keep toping it up and try wrapping the hole with some kind of suitable tape.

Gotta find the hole first!!!!!!! - it would just cut out every time i put me foot on the clutch to change gear - is that an automatic thing with valvas - just topped it up with water and it all dissapered within a min or so, so had to top it up again? is that coz its circulating back into the engine?

sounds like you could have done some damage mate. once it was overheating you shouldnt have carried on driving. you might have got away with it though fingers crossed.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I had this problem in my 1.4 RT, i would fill it up, drive 3 mins, and it was empty again, and my temp gage was on the red line.. i filled it and got home asap.. all it was, was the pipe from the water to rad (i think) they just replaced it.. job done.. dont worry too much!! cost me £40.

(my dad had me in tears that day.. kept telling me id blown the head gasket)