ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aaarrgghh pc troubles :( fao munson perhaps?

earlier on i noticed my fans were making noises so i went out and bought a new cpu fan with controller thing. i fitted it no problems but when to turn the pc on there was no picture on the screen nor a sound on windows start up. so i took everything out to check the connections etc and now when i turn the pc on theres a very short wirr from the fans then it dies.

a short search on google popped up with either the MOBO or the PSU seams unlikly to be the psu as it normally makes a beep if its faulty?

cheers dan

hipro? PSU ( came with pc from pcworld) its 300w
ASUS nt sure on model motherboard (as above)
8800gt graphics
2x 1gb crucial ram
1x 512mb original ram
and its a athlon 64 3500+

Better than yours. C*nt.
8800GT beeps when it's upset, the Asus board most likely won't shut down if the fan isn't spinning because a lot of them are enthusiast boards and designed either for HTPCs which can run fanless or for gaming and potentially watercooling, so I'd suggest maybe PSU. However, if it powers up at all then I'd say the PSU wasn't the likely culprit. Are there any other fans (other than CPU) for the chipset or something?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yep, that's the one.

And case fan, again, not critical. I'd be surprised if it was the PSU, if it was powering on in the first place, but it's not impossible.

Better than yours. C*nt.
A new computer. What's your budget? Fancy a s**t-hot Q6600-based gaming computer? Liquid cooled...

Better than yours. C*nt.
Well, TBH if you're spending money to fix a machine with an ageing Athlon 64 and 1.5GB RAM... There's better ways to spend it.

Save, replace. IMHO.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
dajones here on my mates account :p
umm yea true but the plans are to get rid of the athlon. atm i can run normal games at high settings such as gtr2 and test drive unlimited. not really looking for a crysis killing machine as ive got a ps3 for games :D

To clarify, what fans were making noises? Case, CPU? What did you replace, the whole CPU HSF or just the fan on it?

10p says the noisy fan was inside the PSU, which is toast.

172 Cup
Nope, this is another. Lol. My current one - Q6600/8GB/4x10k SAS/8800GTX...

Selling it?

I'm not sure whether to get a better board and push my Wolfdale as far as it will go or wait and see what these Lynnfields and P55 chipsets can do.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Considering so, yes.

I'm going to try and control myself until Lynnfield comes - X58 is still going to be the flagship though, however Intel have unofficially stated that a lot of X58 boards will not be able to run it because of a change in design - much like 975X and Core2!

To clarify, what fans were making noises? Case, CPU? What did you replace, the whole CPU HSF or just the fan on it?

10p says the noisy fan was inside the PSU, which is toast.

i change the whole cpu setup (fan + heatsink)
ive just gone out and bought a new MOBO, PSU and CPU :)

so i got a athlon X2 7750 black edition cpu and a geforce 8300 motherboard